Detailed Macan S

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

The point of ceramic coating is that you do not have to polish the car every 6 months. I have had mine coated since August 2019 and it makes washing so easy and gives a finish as if it has just been polished. It makes life easy for me as a 2 hour wash every other week keeps it looking brand new.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Sunny99

Post by Sunny99 »

Many thanks for the differing views.

@kleynie - wow. That does look good- and tempts me to having a ceramic coat- especially with black paint work

@nuclear nick- sorry. You will have to excuse my naivety - I’m used to a £5 hand car wash and having my Sunday’s to myself. 😂😂 All this car care is new to me. Hahah

@ti rich - a ceramic coat I’ve heard/seen is pretty simple to apply- but as you said a professional paint correction prior is required. Think I might just let professionals to it.

If anyone knows of a good detailer in the West Midlands - please let me know.

Regards
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

£5 hand car wash 😖 GET OFF THIS SITE 🤨‼️ 😂😂😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

I can highly recommend AUTO DETOX in Cannock. Used him for years, works on top-line cars. Barry is a great knowledge guy.

https://autodetox.co.uk/
Last edited by Ti Rich on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Kleynie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:02 pm The point of ceramic coating is that you do not have to polish the car every 6 months. I have had mine coated since August 2019 and it makes washing so easy and gives a finish as if it has just been polished. It makes life easy for me as a 2 hour wash every other week keeps it looking brand new.
Yes, I fully respect that but the more hard-wearing the coating the less of a gloss effect you get in my view, each to their own. The advantage of doing it yourself is that if, for example, you get some stubborn bird S**T on the car you can polish it yourself and then reapply the coating too. If you have a 2-3 year professional one then you need to take it back to the detailer. The same applies if you get a minor scratch that needs polishing out.

Totally agree that a coating makes washing much easier and the finish is amazing.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Mine is the 9 year coating and, yes, it has to go back to the detailer if scratched and annually for inspection.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.