Macan 2.0 picked up yesterday

Post pictures of your Macan here!
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Picked up my approved used based Macan fully loaded spec in the glorious but marmite Crayon grey.

First thoughts, it feels more composed with less roll and bounce than my F Pace yet still smoother over the rough roads. Handling feels heavier than the F Pace which was surprising considering it is supposed to have PSP but only driven for an hour on the way home so need to have another drive.

Size wise it is definitely smaller but I knew that and with a 4 year old kid and being a rather average 5ft10 I don't see it being a problem, at least for the next few years whilst the little one grows up.

Things I love:
Top down surround view is great, particularly for when people double park on the road, adaptive cruise works well and seemed smoother than my wife's evoque which brakes quite heavily to change speed. Love the feel of the extended leather and the screen were higher definition that photos seemed to portray. My pebble agate interior is actually a lovely place to be and really lifts up the cabin along with the polished black interior panels. Interior ambient lighting was a pleasant surprise as I didn't expect it in the door panels based on videos I'd seen. The 14 way seats are so comfortable and was very easy to find a great driving position. Air suspension in sport setting means wheels sit really well in the arches.

Things I'm not sure about:
The button on the boot with the lock seems to just close in increments. I thought it would close the boot lid fully then lock the doors.

Things I don't like:
The rear tyres looked borderline legal. Thankfully after a few phone calls and speaking to sales manager, the OPC agreed to replace them. Measurements were 3.0 in the middle, 2.7 on the outer, and 4.5 on the inner. So based on am average probably borderline acceptable for their 111 point check.
The front bumper has been sprayed over stone chips but not prepared/smoothed before then. OPC said they only sprayed bonnet and rear bumper so must have missed it. Luckily OPC also agreed to fix this.
One of the keys was cracked. OPC said they will sort.
Toggle on rear air con vent fell off in my hand when I adjusted. OPC will sort out..

So very early days but glad OPC is going to put things right.

20201026_192917.jpg

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Nice sunny day too :D :D :D

Great that OPC is sorting out the tyres etc..
Botis

Post by Botis »

Congrats on your purchase.

In relation to the boot closure behaviour you mentioned, mine used to do this when the key was not in range. Press the button and it would beep and only lower about 10cm. Once the key was present it closed with one touch.

Glad the OPC is fixing the items you detailed but to be honest they should have done that prior to delivery. Your experience is something I would expect from a car supermarket not a premium brand like Porsche. Make sure you provide feedback when you are surveyed so Porsche GB are made aware how sone OPC’s are delivering their product.
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

It was a lovely day. Back to rain now.

Thanks Botis, actually tried it again and it closed and locked as expected so maybe I didn't have the key in my pocket at the time.

You're right on the experience. Especially when you pay a premium through an OPC my expectations were higher. Nevertheless I'm glad they agreed to fix as they were really trying to push back on the tyres.

My actual purchase journey was different from the norm to begin with as it was from an OPC situated 350 miles away and over 6 hours drive but they agreed to deliver to a local one as part of the deal closer. The ironic thing is they had it driven down and my old car picked up and now to sort the stuff out they are going to pick mine up on a low loader, drop a courtesy vehicle off, and have the stuff sorted at their dealership before being delivered back. It does sound like they want to make sure its right this time around.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Congrats @dangeeza........I really like the Crayon colour, but can you let me know if it’s a metallic or solid finish? Such a shame the supplying OPC didn’t sort the issues you’ve mentioned out before they delivered the car to you......makes you wonder if they were hedging their bets that you wouldn’t be bothered to get them rectified by them! As you say, Porsche aren’t cheap cars, so you’d expect a better service!
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

AllanG wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:56 pm Congrats @dangeeza........I really like the Crayon colour, but can you let me know if it’s a metallic or solid finish? Such a shame the supplying OPC didn’t sort the issues you’ve mentioned out before they delivered the car to you......makes you wonder if they were hedging their bets that you wouldn’t be bothered to get them rectified by them! As you say, Porsche aren’t cheap cars, so you’d expect a better service!

It's solid.

I collected my car about a month ago and it looks exactly the same as dangezza's apart from the tinted rear lights. Congrats dangezza :)

My car also wasn't prepared perfectly and the OPC is a 4 hour drive from me. They said I can take it to my local OPC and they will pay that dealership to resolve the issues.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

How many miles has your Macan covered in total?.......

"The rear tyres looked borderline legal. Thankfully after a few phone calls and speaking to sales manager, the OPC agreed to replace them. Measurements were 3.0 in the middle, 2.7 on the outer, and 4.5 on the inner."

Get the OPC to check the rear wheel alignment as they should not have worn irregularly like that. You don't want the new tyres going the same way and wearing out prematurely. What about the front tyres - what tread depths do they have?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

thewanted wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:59 pm
AllanG wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:56 pm Congrats @dangeeza........I really like the Crayon colour, but can you let me know if it’s a metallic or solid finish? Such a shame the supplying OPC didn’t sort the issues you’ve mentioned out before they delivered the car to you......makes you wonder if they were hedging their bets that you wouldn’t be bothered to get them rectified by them! As you say, Porsche aren’t cheap cars, so you’d expect a better service!

It's solid.

I collected my car about a month ago and it looks exactly the same as dangezza's apart from the tinted rear lights. Congrats dangezza :)

My car also wasn't prepared perfectly and the OPC is a 4 hour drive from me. They said I can take it to my local OPC and they will pay that dealership to resolve the issues.
Did you end up taking it to a local OPC? Was there much to sort?

The original plan was for local OPC to sort bumper and tyres but when a mentioned a few other things then he said they'll pick it up so they can make sure its perfect without having to rely on someone else. I'm going to hear from them tomorrow about the plan to pick mine up and drop a courtesy car off.
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:08 pm How many miles has your Macan covered in total?.......

"The rear tyres looked borderline legal. Thankfully after a few phone calls and speaking to sales manager, the OPC agreed to replace them. Measurements were 3.0 in the middle, 2.7 on the outer, and 4.5 on the inner."

Get the OPC to check the rear wheel alignment as they should not have worn irregularly like that. You don't want the new tyres going the same way and wearing out prematurely. What about the front tyres - what tread depths do they have?
Good shout on the tracking. I'll add that to the list so that they can work through it. The fronts were above 5mm but wear was greater on the outside again. The technician at the porsche garage said it can be normal depending on how it's been driven or if they have been overinflated.

I know 3mm is their limit for porsche approved used but its coming up to winter and the rears would have needed doing in next couple months for safety. Didnt help when the car i traded in was spotless inside and out with over 6mm tread all around.

Mind you, wants the stuff is sorted I will be a happy badger. It drives much better than the f pace. The pedals seem a bit heavier but once you put your foot down it moves and doesn't feel obviously slower than the f pace.

Do have a question, should the accelerator pedal have very slight vibration through it. I'm sure I'd get used to it and I've driven cars that did the same (land rover discover sport) but the f pace had no vibration whatsoever. Is this normal?
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Yes it is a solid colour. Polarising in terms of some people love it and others hate it. I've always been a fan of the flat grey look, first made famous through the nardo grey on the auto rs6.

It just looks a bit different and goes well with black contrasts such as privacy glass. I contemplated getting the 21" spyder wheels powdercoated in satin black or platinum but still thinking about it because the wheels are growing on me.