Macan 2.0 picked up yesterday

Post pictures of your Macan here!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

dangezza wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:02 pm
MikeM wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:22 pm Looks good, especially when alongside that chunky looking F Pace. I wouldn’t rush to paint the wheels, they may grow on you and they do look good, wait until you kerb one or two 😖 and then decide but IMHO black yes but definitely not platinum against Crayon 🤨. See you have the Pebble and Agate interior, had it on my last one and loved it, just wanted a change this time, if you haven’t already got Agate rubber mats and want a set I know just the man 👍
Pebble and agate interior looks fantastic. First time with a light coloured interior. Only problem I'm having is the arm rest looks to have a few stains, almost looks like woman's foundation. Had the Dr leather wipes on them and they won't shift. Would be interested in the agate rubber mats, definitely would come in handy in winter with my 4 year old son.
May be worth looking at a leather degreaser and/or a stain remover, take a look at this site:
https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/leath ... gKhYvD_BwE
Re mats, I’m selling them for £50 collected, drop me a pm if your still interested once your car is sorted
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Thanks Mike. Like you said, once (if) car gets sorted I'll probably drop you a message.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

@ dangezza ....I’ve just had an extended test drive in a 20 plate Macan 2.0 with just over 2k mileage this morning, and I couldn’t detect any noticeable vibration through the accelerator pedal.

When comparing the Macan to my current 2018 model Audi Q5 TFSI 2.0, I did find the Macan’s steering more precise, but a little heavier in feel, and the leather seats, with the 14-way electric control were very comfortable. The Macan’s engine response was very similar to my Q5, but certainly ‘sharpened up‘ when selecting the Sport setting. Even though the Macan didn’t have the PASM suspension option, I was pleasantly surprised how well it handled a large variety of road surfaces though, perhaps, the 19” wheels had something to do with this.

Overall, I think the quality of the cabin space and finishes is higher than the Q5, though it’s disappointing that Porsche charge for numerous options that are standard on the Q5!! 👎

Before I make my decision to buy a Macan, I’d like to test one with the PASM and 20” wheels...but my colour choice would be Volcano Grey 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

I'd like to drive another Macan just for comparison but I have to say when I drove it yesterday i was trying to feel for the pedal vibration and I just couldnt notice anything like I did when I first got into the drivers seat.

Macan does seem a little heavier on steering and pedal feel but quickly feels natural and I think adds to the overall driving experience. Q5 is a decent car (had one in 2014) but it certainly won't have the "special" feeling of a porsche. I know what you mean about the options list. The first owner of mine spent about £18K on the options list, as a result its the most equipped car I've ever owned. That said, if no extras were specified it would have been one of the least equipped in my last 10 years of driving.

Can't go wrong with any shade of grey unless you want your car to stand out. Look in your rear view and almost always there will be a sea of grey, black, and silver.

Having had an f Pace with passive suspension (reason I got rid of it) I would always opt for at least the adaptive suspension upgrade in a future car. Air suspension with PASM is brilliant and doesn't feel floaty at all in the macan. In fact when in sport mode it doesn't feel like an SUV, it corners flat and like it's on tracks.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

dangezza wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:10 pm I contemplated getting the 21" spyder wheels powdercoated in satin black or platinum but still thinking about it because the wheels are growing on me.
I do like the 21" Spyders. The 21" ones have a nice concave look, whereas the 20" Spyders (as on the GTS or the pre-facelift model) are flatter. Overall I probably prefer the two-tone wheels, and they no doubt look cleaner for longer. Black Spyders look good when clean, but really show up the brake dust. It's my biggest bugbear - I often wonder if I should have spent the £2K for PSCBs!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Just put ceramic coat on the wheels and blast it with jet wash and it falls off
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Tracky wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:53 pm Just put ceramic coat on the wheels and blast it with jet wash and it falls off
Agree works a treat......even in the mucky weather roads here in the countryside. :? :oops: :lol:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

PaulR wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:23 pm
dangezza wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:10 pm I contemplated getting the 21" spyder wheels powdercoated in satin black or platinum but still thinking about it because the wheels are growing on me.
I do like the 21" Spyders. The 21" ones have a nice concave look, whereas the 20" Spyders (as on the GTS or the pre-facelift model) are flatter. Overall I probably prefer the two-tone wheels, and they no doubt look cleaner for longer. Black Spyders look good when clean, but really show up the brake dust.
+1. Those 21” Spyders look great. I’d definitely keep them in their current finish. Apart from the ‘standard’ black Spyders on a GTS, I think the silver finish is nicer. So on a non-GTS Macan, I wouldn’t have them treated in black. 🤓
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018