Macan 2.0 picked up yesterday

Post pictures of your Macan here!
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

dangezza wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:07 pm
SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:08 pm How many miles has your Macan covered in total?.......

"The rear tyres looked borderline legal. Thankfully after a few phone calls and speaking to sales manager, the OPC agreed to replace them. Measurements were 3.0 in the middle, 2.7 on the outer, and 4.5 on the inner."

Get the OPC to check the rear wheel alignment as they should not have worn irregularly like that. You don't want the new tyres going the same way and wearing out prematurely. What about the front tyres - what tread depths do they have?
17K on the clock. Good shout on the tracking. I'll add that to the list so that they can work through it. The fronts were above 5mm but wear was greater on the outside again. The technician at the porsche garage said it can be normal depending on how it's been driven or if they have been overinflated.

I know 3mm is their limit for porsche approved used but its coming up to winter and the rears would have needed doing in next couple months for safety. Didnt help when the car i traded in was spotless inside and out with over 6mm tread all around.

Mind you, wants the stuff is sorted I will be a happy badger. It drives much better than the f pace. The pedals seem a bit heavier but once you put your foot down it moves and doesn't feel obviously slower than the f pace.

Do have a question, should the accelerator pedal have very slight vibration through it. I'm sure I'd get used to it and I've driven cars that did the same (land rover discover sport) but the f pace had no vibration whatsoever. Is this normal?

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

I’m sorry, maybe it’s only me!

But quite frankly I would be rejecting the car..... Surely all those issues should have been sorted first! If they haven’t “spotted” all those, what else have they missed? You aren’t buying a Dacia Duster from a car supermarket, your buying a prestige car with a comprehensive 111 point check and 2 years warranty. Laziness until called out I would say!
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:08 pm How many miles has your Macan covered in total?.......

"The rear tyres looked borderline legal. Thankfully after a few phone calls and speaking to sales manager, the OPC agreed to replace them. Measurements were 3.0 in the middle, 2.7 on the outer, and 4.5 on the inner."

Get the OPC to check the rear wheel alignment as they should not have worn irregularly like that. You don't want the new tyres going the same way and wearing out prematurely. What about the front tyres - what tread depths do they have?
Good shout on the tracking. I'll add that to the list so that they can work through it. The fronts were above 5mm but wear was greater on the outside again. The technician at the porsche garage said it can be normal depending on how it's been driven or if they have been overinflated.

I know 3mm is their limit for porsche approved used but its coming up to winter and the rears would have needed doing in next couple months for safety. Didnt help when the car i traded in was spotless inside and out with over 6mm tread all around.

Mind you, wants the stuff is sorted I will be a happy badger. It drives much better than the f pace. The pedals seem a bit heavier but once you put your foot down it moves and doesn't feel obviously slower than the f pace.

Do have a question, should the accelerator pedal have very slight vibration through it. I'm sure I'd get used to it and I've driven cars that did the same (land rover discover sport) but the f pace had no vibration whatsoever. Is this normal?
So make sure they do a full 4 wheel alignment and ask to see their findings report and any remedial action taken.

Never had a vibration through the throttle pedal on any Macan I've driven...all ten of them!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

From the nearby buildings in the pick-up photo I recognise the OPC as one of the two nearest me and the one that supplied my new car. They were lucky in that regard as the salesman at the other nearby OPC was on holiday around the time GEN2 S's appeared on the configurator and was too slow to respond to the emails I sent saying this is the car I want and when can you deliver it. The other OPC got my winter wheelset business by a better offer. my supplying OPC came back after a week hinting at a better offer but by then too late. This approved car supply tale is helping to confirm my preliminary decision to use the winter wheelset supplying OPC rather than car supplying OPC for the two year service coming up in March
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:41 pm

Good shout on the tracking. I'll add that to the list so that they can work through it. The fronts were above 5mm but wear was greater on the outside again. The technician at the porsche garage said it can be normal depending on how it's been driven or if they have been overinflated.

So make sure they do a full 4 wheel alignment and ask to see their findings report and any remedial action taken.

Never had a vibration through the throttle pedal on any Macan I've driven...all ten of them!
I was hoping you'd say its normal and its part of feeling connected to the road in a drivers car. Don't get me wrong, its not a worrying vibration, but it is something I can feel through the pedal that I haven't felt in my last car. So 4 wheel alignment along with pedal 'vibration' is another two points on the list.
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

pmg wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:17 pm From the nearby buildings in the pick-up photo I recognise the OPC as one of the two nearest me and the one that supplied my new car. They were lucky in that regard as the salesman at the other nearby OPC was on holiday around the time GEN2 S's appeared on the configurator and was too slow to respond to the emails I sent saying this is the car I want and when can you deliver it. The other OPC got my winter wheelset business by a better offer. my supplying OPC came back after a week hinting at a better offer but by then too late. This approved car supply tale is helping to confirm my preliminary decision to use the winter wheelset supplying OPC rather than car supplying OPC for the two year service coming up in March
Just to clarify, the OPC i picked the car up from (part of Sytner group) was purely the location of pick up and sign handover docs. The actual OPC that sold me the car is nearly 7 hour drive up north hence why I asked for it to be delivered. I think you just have to go with who you have had the best experience with personally.

The supplying OPC was great in all aspects of customer service and being attentive up until the state of the car that they delivered. I know the driver for them said at the end of the day you're buying a used car. I replied by saying its a car that is only 9 months older than the one I'm trading in and the condition doesn't compare. I also said from previous experience with JLR buying both approved used and new, that my expectations from porsche were higher...he went quiet.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Looks good, especially when alongside that chunky looking F Pace. I wouldn’t rush to paint the wheels, they may grow on you and they do look good, wait until you kerb one or two 😖 and then decide but IMHO black yes but definitely not platinum against Crayon 🤨. See you have the Pebble and Agate interior, had it on my last one and loved it, just wanted a change this time, if you haven’t already got Agate rubber mats and want a set I know just the man 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

ScotMac wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:37 pm Nice sunny day too :D :D :D

Great that OPC is sorting out the tyres etc..
If he had taken it in for a service they would have condemned it with those tread depths !!

Happy motoring OP, looks nice.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

MikeM wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:22 pm Looks good, especially when alongside that chunky looking F Pace. I wouldn’t rush to paint the wheels, they may grow on you and they do look good, wait until you kerb one or two 😖 and then decide but IMHO black yes but definitely not platinum against Crayon 🤨. See you have the Pebble and Agate interior, had it on my last one and loved it, just wanted a change this time, if you haven’t already got Agate rubber mats and want a set I know just the man 👍
Thanks, I had to get a pic in of the old one and the new, the macan sits so well on the wheels although I do have it on its lowest setting which almost looks like a large hatchback than SUV. The handling is a completely different kettle of fish and despite the macan being about 50bhp down on the f pace, it doesn't feel it when in sport mode. Maybe its down to f pace setting off in 2nd gear by default.

I will give the wheels a bit of time as I do like them more each time I see them. Would also make more sense to have them done once curbed although the surround cam might mean that is very unlikely.

Pebble and agate interior looks fantastic. First time with a light coloured interior. Only problem I'm having is the arm rest looks to have a few stains, almost looks like woman's foundation. Had the Dr leather wipes on them and they won't shift. Would be interested in the agate rubber mats, definitely would come in handy in winter with my 4 year old son.
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Tracky wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:17 pm
ScotMac wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:37 pm Nice sunny day too :D :D :D

Great that OPC is sorting out the tyres etc..
If he had taken it in for a service they would have condemned it with those tread depths !!

Happy motoring OP, looks nice.
You're exactly right. I said that to them too. They will have penalised the last owner for a set of new tyres i bet.