Post by bompey »

Already done. See signature
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S

Hodgy

Post by Hodgy »

Hi All, thanks for the great comments. We spent half a day at the dealership completing the spec with silver bottom of our list on arrival. Since making the decision, haven’t doubted the choice once. Just couldn’t be any happier with the look. Agree entirely with the wheel comments but hope having them painted gloss black may help.
It has been a few years since the GTS and have only done very few miles so far in the S. I do feel there is an immediate difference in throttle response with the GTS clearly sharper . The reason for S this time is just don’t need that performance couldn’t live with 12-20 Mpg , and available build slot with discount . Finding myself in the drive just having a walk around it for no reason!!
pmg

Post by pmg »

Hodgy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:03 pm Hi All, thanks for the great comments. We spent half a day at the dealership completing the spec with silver bottom of our list on arrival. Since making the decision, haven’t doubted the choice once. Just couldn’t be any happier with the look. Agree entirely with the wheel comments but hope having them painted gloss black may help.
It has been a few years since the GTS and have only done very few miles so far in the S. I do feel there is an immediate difference in throttle response with the GTS clearly sharper . The reason for S this time is just don’t need that performance couldn’t live with 12-20 Mpg , and available build slot with discount . Finding myself in the drive just having a walk around it for no reason!!
Once the S is run in throttle response will improve. Also very little difference in mpg on the Audi post-2019 v6's between S GTS and Turbo, depends more and how driven than actual max performance available, all should give in range 25 to 30 depending on use
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Hodgy

Post by Hodgy »

We do quite a few short trips and the sports exhaust and revvy nature of the GTS just tempted us to use the performance. Always playing catch up on MPG then. Our GTS was regularly only achieving 15 , dealership suggested we should have had the tuning checked before giving up on it. Now doing less miles and just hoping to enjoy the car whatever MPG.
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Hang on!
How did you manage to get the tailgate spoiler and the sideblades painted in the same exterior body colour?
I'm being told that it isn't possible!
I had to opt for a £1500 package to get the spoiler painted - and then had to accept sideblades in gloss black! (which I hate marginally kless than that "honeycomb effect" nonsense!
To be clear - !!!!!!!! :D
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Dolomite looks so good with the blacked out GTS look
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

How do you get them painted gloss black? Can the delete shop do that? Any idea how much that’s costs

Look better than the standard Matt black
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

That's a beauty!
Hodgy

Post by Hodgy »

Hi all, thank you for the comments about the car.
Code PM6AWT35
The Wheels were painted prior to collection by a company in Kendal that South Lakeland Porsche use.
Including full colour wheel centres it cost £800 . I didn’t shop around as I felt safer having them done by the dealership and had agreed a discount that more than covered the cost.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Hodgy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:44 pm Hi all, thank you for the comments about the car.
Code PM6AWT35
The Wheels were painted prior to collection by a company in Kendal that South Lakeland Porsche use.
Including full colour wheel centres it cost £800 . I didn’t shop around as I felt safer having them done by the dealership and had agreed a discount that more than covered the cost.
Discount! How'd manage that? 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4