Macan T ... going through some personal touches

Post pictures of your Macan here!
87djames
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by 87djames »

AndyC160 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:46 pm I think it's refreshing to read threads like these rather than the usual 'what do you think of my new car spec?' or ' what colour shall I go for?'

Definitely needs lowering. Does it have PASM? Bilstein do a kit which will lower it and I think h&r might do lowering springs. Not sure about Kw?

Or you could go full on and fit an air kit. Have you seen s80bmx's Macan?

I think coloured Porsche crest on alloys would look good too 👍
Hi mate, thanks.

Im thinking Eibach as I want a minimal drop I think they quote 25/30mm drop where are H&R is more towards the 40mm drop but its a very harsh ride.

Mine unfortunately doesn't have the air ride but does have PASM so only certain springs will work with it I've read

(Ps coloured crest centre caps now on :D)

User avatar
Nuclear Nick
Posts: 3821
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 pm
Location: Bristol

Post by Nuclear Nick »

87djames wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:02 pm
AndyC160 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:46 pm I think it's refreshing to read threads like these rather than the usual 'what do you think of my new car spec?' or ' what colour shall I go for?'

Definitely needs lowering. Does it have PASM? Bilstein do a kit which will lower it and I think h&r might do lowering springs. Not sure about Kw?

Or you could go full on and fit an air kit. Have you seen s80bmx's Macan?

I think coloured Porsche crest on alloys would look good too 👍
Hi mate, thanks.

Im thinking Eibach as I want a minimal drop I think they quote 25/30mm drop where are H&R is more towards the 40mm drop but its a very harsh ride.

Mine unfortunately doesn't have the air ride but does have PASM so only certain springs will work with it I've read

(Ps coloured crest centre caps now on :D)
I hope the centre caps are correctly fitted. If you didn’t know, the pointy bit at the bottom of the shield crest MUST point towards the valve. If they don’t you may be asked to leave the forum :o :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
AndyC160
Posts: 887
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:11 am

Post by AndyC160 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:39 pm
87djames wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:02 pm
AndyC160 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:46 pm I think it's refreshing to read threads like these rather than the usual 'what do you think of my new car spec?' or ' what colour shall I go for?'

Definitely needs lowering. Does it have PASM? Bilstein do a kit which will lower it and I think h&r might do lowering springs. Not sure about Kw?

Or you could go full on and fit an air kit. Have you seen s80bmx's Macan?

I think coloured Porsche crest on alloys would look good too 👍
Hi mate, thanks.

Im thinking Eibach as I want a minimal drop I think they quote 25/30mm drop where are H&R is more towards the 40mm drop but its a very harsh ride.

Mine unfortunately doesn't have the air ride but does have PASM so only certain springs will work with it I've read

(Ps coloured crest centre caps now on :D)
I hope the centre caps are correctly fitted. If you didn’t know, the pointy bit at the bottom of the shield crest MUST point towards the valve. If they don’t you may be asked to leave the forum :o :lol:
Voids your Warranty aswell if they aren't pointing the right way
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
SportsExhaust
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:31 pm

Post by SportsExhaust »

AndyC160 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:29 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:39 pm
87djames wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:02 pm

Hi mate, thanks.

Im thinking Eibach as I want a minimal drop I think they quote 25/30mm drop where are H&R is more towards the 40mm drop but its a very harsh ride.

Mine unfortunately doesn't have the air ride but does have PASM so only certain springs will work with it I've read

(Ps coloured crest centre caps now on :D)
I hope the centre caps are correctly fitted. If you didn’t know, the pointy bit at the bottom of the shield crest MUST point towards the valve. If they don’t you may be asked to leave the forum :o :lol:
Voids your Warranty aswell if they aren't pointing the right way
:lol:
SportsExhaust
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:31 pm

Post by SportsExhaust »

Nice looking motor congrats.

Taste varies and there's nothing wrong with that. I've modded my Maserati a bit and enjoyed the process. Some things are factory and some things OEM plus, but in my eyes, it's a much more desirable car now. Others will probably disagree but hey ho.
87djames
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by 87djames »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:55 pm I specced those gloss black 21” Sport Classic wheels on my Macan 2.0! So you have good taste! :D

And I’m VERY much in the modification club with my 911! 😎
ahh very nice, one day I'll have a 911 but as this is my first Porsche I cat fault it at all, having a lot of fun driving and seeing what options there are for modifying it.
87djames
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by 87djames »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:39 pm
87djames wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:02 pm
AndyC160 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:46 pm I think it's refreshing to read threads like these rather than the usual 'what do you think of my new car spec?' or ' what colour shall I go for?'

Definitely needs lowering. Does it have PASM? Bilstein do a kit which will lower it and I think h&r might do lowering springs. Not sure about Kw?

Or you could go full on and fit an air kit. Have you seen s80bmx's Macan?

I think coloured Porsche crest on alloys would look good too 👍
Hi mate, thanks.

Im thinking Eibach as I want a minimal drop I think they quote 25/30mm drop where are H&R is more towards the 40mm drop but its a very harsh ride.

Mine unfortunately doesn't have the air ride but does have PASM so only certain springs will work with it I've read

(Ps coloured crest centre caps now on :D)
I hope the centre caps are correctly fitted. If you didn’t know, the pointy bit at the bottom of the shield crest MUST point towards the valve. If they don’t you may be asked to leave the forum :o :lol:
ha ha I may have made the error clasing this as a T but do not worry, I have the centre caps facing the correct way I even made sure the guys who put the new wheels on did not fit the centre caps so that I could make sure
87djames
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by 87djames »

SportsExhaust wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:47 pm Nice looking motor congrats.

Taste varies and there's nothing wrong with that. I've modded my Maserati a bit and enjoyed the process. Some things are factory and some things OEM plus, but in my eyes, it's a much more desirable car now. Others will probably disagree but hey ho.
Thanks very much, I plan to continue, what's a credit to Porsche is the ability to change parts and starting from a good basis or platform is always a good start
Uni11
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by Uni11 »

Welcome to the forum mate. Congrats on your new purchase, I too started my Porsche journey in a mk1 macan D and then moved on to a 911 then a Cayyene and now back to a gen 3 macan gts. That journeys been 7 odd years in the making and I too came from various M cars. Porsche does get under the skin and that’s a great feeling. Enjoy in good health and hope it puts a smile on your face each and every time you drive it.

Ps….. don’t worry about the moody and righteous few on here as there is a great wealth of information and some very good guys on here.
User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 19990
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Post by Wing Commander »

Uni11 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:25 pm ...there is a great wealth of information and some very good guys on here.

A great summary of our (overall) friendly forum! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Post Reply

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post