Up down flying around ...

Post pictures of your Macan here!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

martinw wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:28 pm Yes, it is a beautiful car, I’m very happy with it 8-)

I bought a 2017 KTM Duke 690R from Drysdale’s in Perth at the start of the year, it’s lots of fun, I’ve already been through one back tyre.

Too many toys :D

F5DC7B21-B8B6-4D4D-83C5-FC1FE08A57C6.jpeg

Martin
Lovely pair of toys 👍👍👍

Great photos of Lewis & Harris. I plan to go back some day. Waiting for some good weather :D

martinw

Post by martinw »

j5kol wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 pm One of the nicest looking Macans i have seen on here so far, love it !!!

How does it compare to the petrol S ?
Cheers, she’s definitely a looker :D

My previous Macan was an SD, I think I’ve mentioned before there are a few pros and cons to each.

I’ve only driven the S as a courtesy car and I’d say the GTS is probably of a similar performance (in my hands and on the road). The GTS does have a certain
“Je ne sais quoi” about it though :D

Martin
martinw

Post by martinw »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:01 pm
martinw wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:28 pm Yes, it is a beautiful car, I’m very happy with it 8-)

I bought a 2017 KTM Duke 690R from Drysdale’s in Perth at the start of the year, it’s lots of fun, I’ve already been through one back tyre.

Too many toys :D

F5DC7B21-B8B6-4D4D-83C5-FC1FE08A57C6.jpeg

Martin
Lovely pair of toys 👍👍👍

Great photos of Lewis & Harris. I plan to go back some day. Waiting for some good weather :D
Cheers, aye the weather can be a bit hit and miss but the scenery is gorgeous :shock:
Last edited by martinw on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

martinw wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:49 pm
j5kol wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 pm One of the nicest looking Macans i have seen on here so far, love it !!!

How does it compare to the petrol S ?
Cheers, she’s definitely a looker :D

My previous Macan was an SD, I think I’ve mentioned before there are a few pros and cons to each.

I’ve only driven the S as a courtesy car and I’d say the GTS is probably of a similar performance (in my hands and on the road). The GTS does have a certain
“Je ne sais quoi” about it though :D

Martin
I test drove the S yesterday and absolutely loved it , but am interested to know how much of a difference that extra 20hp makes and if you get the same engine tone from each ?
martinw

Post by martinw »

It was a wee while ago that I drove the S, from memory ... I’d say they’re very similar both in performance and in note. The GTS is just that bit more special in my eyes, and on the limit (or as close as I can get) a wee bit more “poised” (if I were to try to differentiate between the two, maybe, you’d be splitting hairs at that point). I think it is physically lower (at rest) though, I have noticed that 8-)

Martin
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Interesting that you say they re similar in performance and note. Put it this way, when i heard that exhaust pop on gear change, it brought a massive smile to my face
martinw

Post by martinw »

j5kol wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:33 pm Interesting that you say they re similar in performance and note. Put it this way, when i heard that exhaust pop on gear change, it brought a massive smile to my face
Yes, me too :D

They sound nothing like my mate’s 911 though, it sounds like a scalded cat when it gets going, but he does have to wear ear plugs :shock:

Martin
martinw

Post by martinw »

Although I must admit my wife drowns out the sound of the engine quite often (in the GTS) shouting “SLOW DOWN!!!” :lol:

Martin
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Ha ha love it...............

As soon as i fired it up, i was like "oh dear". Really can't wait for mine to come now, December can't come quick enough, all i keep thinking about is that arrogant burp it gives as you press the throttle and it changes gear haha
martinw

Post by martinw »

That’s not long to go now, they’re amazing cars, have fun when it arrives!