Semerka's Macan tractor is here!

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

We’re back from our road trip, minus Ruby.

The poor girl only made it as far as Aachen in Germany on the way out to the Czech Republic. She is currently being looked at by OPC Aachen.

Must praise Porsche Assist and all involved in our “rescue”. Very efficient and friendly.

We continued our journey via taxis, one German Audi A4 hire car and then swapped into a UK hire car in Calais. And so I am currently driving a manual Vauxhall Grandland X, let’s just say it’s not a Macan in any way. It’s only redeeming feature is the heated windscreen [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Semerka wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:57 am We’re back from our road trip, minus Ruby.

The poor girl only made it as far as Aachen in Germany on the way out to the Czech Republic. She is currently being looked at by OPC Aachen.

Must praise Porsche Assist and all involved in our “rescue”. Very efficient and friendly.

We continued our journey via taxis, one German Audi A4 hire car and then swapped into a UK hire car in Calais. And so I am currently driving a manual Vauxhall Grandland X, let’s just say it’s not a Macan in any way. It’s only redeeming feature is the heated windscreen [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh no - really sorry to hear that, hope everyone is ok. What happened to Ruby if you don't mind me asking?
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

MacanArif wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:52 am Oh no - really sorry to hear that, hope everyone is ok. What happened to Ruby if you don't mind me asking?
She broke down, not involved in an accident, thankfully! :)

She's been a heavy smoker on start ups ever since I brought her home a month ago. She had her oil return pipes changed, but that did not seem to fix it, but we were told that we could drive her and she was booked in for 17th Oct for further investigation / new turbo(s).

However on the autobahn Rob felt a slight throttle judder and then we saw a massive cloud of thick, oily smoke in the rear view mirror and the oil warning light came on. So she dumped her oil through one of her orifices into the exhaust system. :lol:

The first owner owned her from new for 3 years and only drove 7,000 odd miles, so he/she never really used her sufficiently for the problem to demonstrate itself during his/her ownership.

This is at Aachen services, being loaded on to a recovery truck, she still had enough material to puff on:

Our stable:
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Oh no! :(

Get well soon, Ruby!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

☹️☹️
What a nightmare - especially on a road trip!

Glad to hear Porsche Assist proved efficient 👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Guy

Post by Guy »

Sorry to hear this - so how do you get it back when you've broken down overseas? Do Porsche (assist) deliver, or do you have to fetch?

I am just about to depart on a road trip to Bavaria, hence the interest :?

(PS - couldn't watch your video as it comes up as 'private')
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Guy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:33 am Sorry to hear this - so how do you get it back when you've broken down overseas? Do Porsche (assist) deliver, or do you have to fetch?

I am just about to depart on a road trip to Bavaria, hence the interest :?

(PS - couldn't watch your video as it comes up as 'private')
Sorry, I have now marked the video as Public. It just shows the amount of smoke on the start up after she dumped almost all of the oil.

Make sure your approved warranty has the European breakdown cover included.

We had the option to have the broken car trailered back to UK OPC for repair or have it fixed in Germany and then trailered back to UK.
But it is about a 2/3-weeks wait for a trailer, I suppose they wait to fill the truck up or are too busy.

So I said that we would go and fetch Ruby ourselves once repaired. It's lucky that we can get a train to Aachen from London (change at Brussels) and the drive back is not long, only about 3 hours to Calais. I was told that Porsche Assist will pay for my train ticket, but we'll see.
I am not fussed about that.

Enjoy Bavaria, it's a lovely part of the world and not too far from the Czech Republic (depends which part of Bavaria you will be visiting), you can hop over the border to visit Southern Bohemia. ;)
Our stable:
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:12 am Oh no! :(

Get well soon, Ruby!
Thank you! :)
Our stable:
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Paul wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:25 am ☹️☹️
What a nightmare - especially on a road trip!

Glad to hear Porsche Assist proved efficient 👍
We were half expecting it to happen in view of her smoking habit. But still it was a hassle, though dealt with brilliantly. :)
Our stable:
VanB

Post by VanB »

I'm surprised that the supplying OPC didn't pick up the issue before selling the car to you. Just goes to show that the 111 point check is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

Don't let the experience put you off the 911 - it really is a fabulous car and good luck with getting a permanent fix.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate