Black Macan Turbo collected

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Lovely looking car, enjoy it.
I also echo the dealer handover at Hatfield, everything was set up for me.
You should have a nice little run to Scalford in that Smile. It'll be the 1st year I shan't be able to make the trip, otherwise we could have parked next to each other.
Anyway, have fun Thumbs Up.

small world - same user name over there?

No Smile

If I can work out how to send you a PM, I'll do it here, otherwise, it'll be on the other side.

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

For PM's select the drop down box by the user name and the option to send a PM is there.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Doug11

Post by Doug11 »

Looks great - love the wheels and colour Combo.
The extra power of the Turbo will be great - trust you will really enjoy it.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Looks lovely, i'm dead jealous!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
gintonic

Post by gintonic »

Thank you again everyone. Work and other commitments mean I haven't been able to drive it as much as I would have liked. My first impressions of some of addons, features -
(1) 18 way seats will take months to adjust - in a nice way it has too many variables.
(2) Ventilated seats are weird - I am sure they'll come into their own in the summer.
(3) LED lights are fantastic. I haven't had a chance to compare them with Bi-Xenons on Macan, but compared with Boxster (981) I was coming from, these are just amazing.
(4) Surround parking cameras - just brilliant, for the first time in years I can get the car into the garage (it is a tight squeeze) unaided by my wife or my hanging corks from the garage ceiling.
(5) The cameras combined with power steering plus, actually make the car easier to park and more manoeuvrable than the Boxster.
(5) PCM4 is a significant improvement over PCM 3. And even without an iPhone, the additional mapping features of Connect+ are brilliant.
(6) Heated steering wheel is neat - my SE forgot to show me how to switch it on, and despite looking in the online manual, it still took me nearly and hour to work out how to use it.
As for driving it is sublime - as per my Boxster, I drive most of the time in Sport mode, the ride is sublime, and significantly more comfortable than the Boxster - so far I love it............the responsiveness feels quicker than the Boxster, although on paper I know its not. The noise it makes is brilliant (I like PSE - I liked it on the Boxster, but I like it even more).........I need to get used to the different steering feel.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Fantastic to hear such a positive review & from a clearly very happy Macaneer! Thumbs Up
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
banbury

Post by banbury »

@G&T: Nice ride! Looks the dogs nuts.Thumbs Up

Quick Q. Did you find the rear camera has a bit of play in it? I mean if you physically wiggle the camera it moves a tad. I found this out when I washed ours. The OPC Reading service team had a look and found all the ones in their show room also had a bit of play. On my "old" car the camera was absolutely rigid.

gintonic

Post by gintonic »

@G&T: Nice ride! Looks the dogs nuts.Thumbs Up

Quick Q. Did you find the rear camera has a bit of play in it? I mean if you physically wiggle the camera it moves a tad. I found this out when I washed ours. The OPC Reading service team had a look and found all the ones in their show room also had a bit of play. On my "old" car the camera was absolutely rigid.

thank you
I haven't wiggled the camera - the image on the screen is certainly rock solid. I rarely wash a car, so, little chance of me spotting any movement - if I remember tonight I'll have a look for you.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Brilliant gintonic....I also have 18 way but haven't sat in them yet Shocked (8 ways were fine but wanted comfort access, didn't fancy the 14 way comfort seats).

A few hours until I pick mine up.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
gintonic

Post by gintonic »

I should have added for those interested; the colour is the standard black, and I still can't tell the difference between that and the more costly metallic black.