Gtechnic on Volcano Grey

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

looks stunning.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Bogus

Post by Bogus »

looks great and wanted to see how VG and Beige interior combo looks like.. quite like it.
I have Gtechniq on my 911 and it is really easy to clear my car now
Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
Benz

Post by Benz »

Put Ceramic Pro on mine and the ease of washing in contrast to before is startling. The muck just washes away with water - well almost. And the shine is brilliant.
I put PPF on the front end before the Ceramic Pro and then it was applied over the whole car surface.

steve w

Post by steve w »

Looks great not a lover of the mudflaps think they spoilt whole look of the Macan ,Mudflaps look ok on Landrovers,had PPF fitted on our GTS to the vulnerable areas including sills,front and rear w/a ,rear valance ,blades etc to avoid fitting mud flaps but everyone to their own.
SteveW
Doug11

Post by Doug11 »

Great gloss, also love the wheels, are they 19's or 20's ?
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Great gloss, also love the wheels, are they 19's or 20's ?

Doug - they're 19's, bought from a former Macan owner with part worn winter tyres, (Tequipment only) now with new Goodyear a-w's, Porsche NO rated of course. Not sure about the wheels, a bit bright, I'll reconsider after using them for a while. Bigboyrolo2017-04-20 06:39:02
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Looks great not a lover of the mudflaps think they spoilt whole look of the Macan ,Mudflaps look ok on Landrovers,had PPF fitted on our GTS to the vulnerable areas including sills,front and rear w/a ,rear valance ,blades etc to avoid fitting mud flaps but everyone to their own.
SteveW

You are right, mudflaps are a bit 'marmite'. Hoever with only 600 miles on without them, the sides and rear were really messy with rural Norfolk muck, so this seems a partial solution. PPF being considered.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

looks great and wanted to see how VG and Beige interior combo looks like.. quite like it.
I have Gtechniq on my 911 and it is really easy to clear my car now

I like light interiors and had pebble/agate on the SD, a very classy look but wanted a change. The Luxor is a bit too beige to be ideal imo, would not like the full Luxor, there is a much lighter cream option on the Cayenne. Red/Luxor would look good but Mrs B 'advised' against red.
Monty2

Post by Monty2 »

Very nice finish to the VG, We had the GTechniq applied at the OPC on the GTS in December it has been so easy to clean compared to my cayenne with no additional protection which starts to look a bit lifeless if it bot waxed regularly.
I have used Dodo Juice purple haze Pro wax two weeks ago on top of the GTechniq this is a very soft wax and just adds that extra sparkle now we have more sunny days. I also added Swissvax autobahn PTFE wax to the classic black alloys on top of the GTechniq coating just to add another level of protection.
I'm sure other coatings do an equally good job at protecting the Porsche paintwork but I plan to use the GTechniq after prepping the surface on my Cayenne shortly.
Again thats a good looking Macan and look forward to seeing you on one of the Nor/Suff Reg. events soon.

Paul
Macan GTS Close to Estoril Blue

Left the family white Macan SD, Cayenne S D V8 Meteor
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I'm sure other coatings do an equally good job at protecting the Porsche paintwork but I plan to use the GTechniq after prepping the surface on my Cayenne shortly.
Depending on the state of the paint: wash, decontaminate, clay, one or two stage machine polish then apply Crystal Serum Light (you can't buy the harder Crystal Serum unless you are an accredited Gtechniq detailer). I'm planning on doing the M3 and the Boxster - the problem being that it really needs to be done under cover which might be a bit tricky given we only just have enough garage space to just fit the Boxster.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S