Jon no Macan

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

That's a good range of cars ... something for every occasion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

johnd wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 pm
jonmacan wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:16 pm Looking at your Fuely you've averaged 26.6mpg...
It's a quirk of Fuelly - you must remember to select non-US units on the display rather than the US mpg default. Actual mpg is 32mpg in UK terms, or an indicated 34-35mpg.

I do a mixture of commuting, which is just 5-6 miles (but isn't practicably done any other way), local shopping and longer (50-100 mile) trips, usually at least once a week. (Though in these rural but heavily trafficked parts even the longer journeys are typically at 55-65mph max but with a lot of braking for Z-bends etc and then accelerating away again, overtaking etc.) But the commuting is pretty much daily so that obviously pulls the average mpg down as well.
Cheers John...that's why... US gallons :) 32-33mpg is all I ever had with urban to long distance looks like I'll achieve that out of my new ride according to my initial recordings brim to brim.👌
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:41 pm What is the ride like of the R v Macan
So far Col it's very compliant and that's with standard suspension not adjustable so quite surprised as I'm now running 235 35 19 michelin pilot sport 4 S .. This newly developed tyre from the super sport is by far the best tyre I've used. The grip is sensational and way beyond the 306bhp thrown at them through the Golf/bug

As this (I promise this time) is going to be a keeper I wanted to go back to as little to go wrong in future as possible including the suspension system.
The DSG is as much complex/expensive as I wanted to Go..
The ride is more taught than air on a Macan of cause but never harsh even over rough tarmac.
dynamic control DCC on the golf is very much like Pasms but wasn't something I wanted past warranty.
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

MacanArif wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:57 amAnother pic
Thanks Arif. ...and thanks for your advice on the R this inspired Me to look into it while I had good equity left in my Macan..

After driving one with 19"s and DCC I was hooked and it's a bargain at 40% the cost of My Mac-T.

Love your wagon.. I've got those 18" wheels wrapped in winter rubber ready for the snow..
Fabulous to wash 15 seconds a wheel.. :lol:
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Hi Jon. I have been away for a little while and don't have the time at the moment to follow the forum on a daily basis :roll: . What happened that the Turbo went?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Nosmo wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:32 pm Hi Jon. I have been away for a little while and don't have the time at the moment to follow the forum on a daily basis :roll: . What happened that the Turbo went?
Sadly Nosmo a deteration in my health forced the sale to ease other issues that needed a dressing in my life so now I'm fully retired.. :) and a man of leasure and detailing :lol: hobbies.. plus I've a multitude of jobs to do around the house according to her indoors. :o
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Making the most of a forced situation. Well done you. By the looks of things you're still logging on frequently though which pleases me (and I suppose others) no end. To me, you are in the honorary group of individuals who made this forum what it is today.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

:oops: :D
Nosmo wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:26 am Making the most of a forced situation. Well done you. By the looks of things you're still logging on frequently though which pleases me (and I suppose others) no end. To me, you are in the honorary group of individuals who made this forum what it is today.
Thanks indeed Nosmo..
being more of an analogue chap I've only added my take on things practicaly. And from My experiences of enthusiastic Macan/Porsche ownership, so I'm glad it's been of some use to those new to both the Macan and Porsche.. once an enthusiast always an enthusiast.

Kind regards
Jon
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Jon, I have been retired for near on three years and can thoroughly recommend it.

The only downside is the health issues I have, but by making the most of the good days we are having a great time.

Every day offers the chance to do what we want to do, no time pressures, no boss, no staff, no work cr4p to deal with, no idiot plonker Managers to have to barely tolerate.

Every day starts and ends in a smile.

So kickstart youself and enjoy life.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:51 pm Jon, I have been retired for near on three years and can thoroughly recommend it.

The only downside is the health issues I have, but by making the most of the good days we are having a great time.

Every day offers the chance to do what we want to do, no time pressures, no boss, no staff, no work cr4p to deal with, no idiot plonker Managers to have to barely tolerate.

Every day starts and ends in a smile.

So kickstart youself and enjoy life.
Thanks Col. That's great advice. And just what I probably need to hear.

I'm certainly not missing the trials and tribulations of what you say that we are thrust into every day..

As much as I loved my Job it could be all consuming at the same time. And there's always that unforeseen situation that really frustrates one to the core.

As you say I need to adjust my thinking drastically which I'm managing to come to terms with. :shock: :? ;) :D