4K UHD HiRes sound video: Macan with Ferrita Exhaust system

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Trued

Post by Trued »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:17 am Love the pics and history of your Saabs Trued. I'm a great Saab fan having owned three, a 96, and 99 and 900 Turbos. Really good design philosophy and, at that time, very good build quality. It's a great shame that Saab were unable to continue without the disastrous intervention of GM. Who knows what they would be producing today?
Thanks @NuclearNick. After SAAB went down I searched for another daily drive first an M4 then Macan. I love the chassi and steering the most it feels like a SAAB. I see some SAAB design cues sneaked into the Macan by Michael Maurer, The rear wing is one with two tone black exterior and "interior" (underneath). SAABs way to the grave was to some extent to be blamed on engineers not following the directions on what the cost could be for various technologies. Over engineering trying to make the car better then the 5 Series BMW. Also the marketing department spent zillions on really stupid campaigns and extravagant catering of the world press but not selling any cars. The last nail in the coffin was the Dutch so-called-businessman Victor "VIC" Muller who wore broad stripe Saville Row bespoke tailored suits and blew a lot of smoke up..... He was a disaster for the Saab company he even tried to bring in Russian Oligarch money from Banker Vladimir Antonov (who owned Portsmouth FC for a while as well). This arrangement was stopped by the Swedish Government in collaboration with the Finance police and Security Branch our MI6.

A lifetime friend of mine was Erik "On the roof" Carlsson who was married to Sir Stirling Moss sister Pat. We where both born in Trollhättan Erik and I. The replica car that sits in the Saab Car Museum was my grandmothers before it was restored and given to Erik as a birthday present. Later returned to the museum.

IMG_5102-2.jpg

Me and Mr. Antonov at the 2010 Rally To The Midnightsun the two SAAB 99 Turbo CombiCoupes I built for that race and rented the white one to the russian.
- 2017 Porsche Macan
- 2004 SAAB 9-3 AERO CV
- 1978 SAAB 99 TURBO 3D Rally,RAC '78 S. Blomqvist
- 1977 SAAB 99 TURBO 3D
- 1977 SAAB 99 TURBO 4D Pre-Prod.
- 1966 SAAB 96 MonteCarlo V4 Rally

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Thank you for that summary Trued!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS