F

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

As already commented, there are ways to put things, no doubt Helen is offended, and I don't blame her. The written word on social media needs to be judged more carefully than the spoken word which has intonation. Helen had only just joined this forum at my suggestion, to show us her beautiful Macan. Far better to say something like 'not to my taste', 'I wouldn't do that' or similar. As someone who had the calipers on my S painted yellow, changed the shiny S badge for a red one and had the all the non privacy windows tinted, were my modifications 'fake'? Not that I cared a jot if anyone thought so. Porsches have always been 'modified', perhaps the Macan is considered sacrosanct by some, and modification is frowned on. Compared to what US and Far East owners do to their Macans, we seem intimidated by warranty concerns and OPC opinions. So what if the additional S puts the whole model badge line a bit off-centre? Not many would notice and even fewer would comment harshly. Not surprised those lovely pictures have been removed and the 'F' appeared, I would have been tempted to be more prescriptive. My guess is that we won't see Helen back again. FWIW, I wouldn't add an S to my Turbo PP badge, would probably take the whole thing off.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I notice that Helen started a new thread yesterday morning, so hopefully not gone for good... :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rennwagen

Post by Rennwagen »

Tom 2000 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 am They seem to have disappeared.
So sad—I would love to see such a color on a Macan! If Helen happens to read this, please send a couple my way via pm ;-)
2018 Macan Turbo/PP in PTS Malachite Green to be completed 6/1/18
2015 Macan Turbo in Sapphire Blue delivered 2/28/15
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

She could post new pics just not showing the rear of the car. The additional S did look all wrong to me but the rest of the car is of interest due to the unique colour.
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:17 pm As already commented, there are ways to put things, no doubt Helen is offended, and I don't blame her. The written word on social media needs to be judged more carefully than the spoken word which has intonation. Helen had only just joined this forum at my suggestion, to show us her beautiful Macan. Far better to say something like 'not to my taste', 'I wouldn't do that' or similar. As someone who had the calipers on my S painted yellow, changed the shiny S badge for a red one and had the all the non privacy windows tinted, were my modifications 'fake'? Not that I cared a jot if anyone thought so. Porsches have always been 'modified', perhaps the Macan is considered sacrosanct by some, and modification is frowned on. Compared to what US and Far East owners do to their Macans, we seem intimidated by warranty concerns and OPC opinions. So what if the additional S puts the whole model badge line a bit off-centre? Not many would notice and even fewer would comment harshly. Not surprised those lovely pictures have been removed and the 'F' appeared, I would have been tempted to be more prescriptive. My guess is that we won't see Helen back again. FWIW, I wouldn't add an S to my Turbo PP badge, would probably take the whole thing off.
I take your point about not being able to get across intonation and non-verbal cues in social media exchanges and it is certainly something we should all be mindful of. Having said that and knowing the people posting on here and most of them like myself are regulars, they're not a malicious bunch and on the contrary I find that this forum is one of the nicest, most friendly forums around. I think many of us on here have similar tastes/ perspectives and if my memory serves me correct, there was another new forum member that posted pictures of his Macan with some rather dubious looking side badges and that was also met with comments. Like yourself Bigboyrolo and many of the others on this post, I certainly wouldn't want to be renaming a model with what I think Porsche should have called it.

I really liked the colour and hope Helen does come back regardless of what we think about the badging.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
VanB

Post by VanB »

Well put, Arif and I also hope she returns as I am sure nobody meant any offence (including me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I think once we have bought a car we are entitled do what we want (within recognised legal and moral boundaries of course :o )

Porche_snow.jpg

991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
DeeJay K

Post by DeeJay K »

Don't want to highjack someone else's thread and their lovely colour new car but was visiting the local OPC today to get the Car Connect thingumywhatnot switched on and saw this being prepped in the next bay.....

IMG_5754.jpg

Col M

Post by Col M »

Leicester Tigers player?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

DeeJay K wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:15 pm Don't want to highjack someone else's thread and their lovely colour new car but was visiting the local OPC today to get the Car Connect thingumywhatnot switched on and saw this being prepped in the next bay.....
IMG_5754.jpg

Wow! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018