F

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Rennwagen

Post by Rennwagen »

DeeJay K wrote:Don't want to highjack someone else's thread and their lovely colour new car but was visiting the local OPC today to get the Car Connect thingumywhatnot switched on and saw this being prepped in the next bay.....
IMG_5754.jpg
Wow is right!

Looks like one of the Performance Edition models from the red trim and silver highlight on the interior door trim.

Anyone know what green that is? Brewster Green?

2018 Macan Turbo/PP in PTS Malachite Green to be completed 6/1/18
2015 Macan Turbo in Sapphire Blue delivered 2/28/15

alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:17 pm As already commented, there are ways to put things, no doubt Helen is offended, and I don't blame her. The written word on social media needs to be judged more carefully than the spoken word which has intonation. Helen had only just joined this forum at my suggestion, to show us her beautiful Macan. Far better to say something like 'not to my taste', 'I wouldn't do that' or similar. As someone who had the calipers on my S painted yellow, changed the shiny S badge for a red one and had the all the non privacy windows tinted, were my modifications 'fake'? Not that I cared a jot if anyone thought so. Porsches have always been 'modified', perhaps the Macan is considered sacrosanct by some, and modification is frowned on. Compared to what US and Far East owners do to their Macans, we seem intimidated by warranty concerns and OPC opinions. So what if the additional S puts the whole model badge line a bit off-centre? Not many would notice and even fewer would comment harshly. Not surprised those lovely pictures have been removed and the 'F' appeared, I would have been tempted to be more prescriptive. My guess is that we won't see Helen back again. FWIW, I wouldn't add an S to my Turbo PP badge, would probably take the whole thing off.
Is Helen offended and has she left the forum or is this supposition?

I made an offhanded remark that I acknowledged was blunt and came across not as intended. For that Helen has my apology.

It's your or any other owner's prerogative as to what they do with their cars. Taste is subjective of course but given the obvious consideration that went into that specification, notably in choosing a heritage colour, I felt the badge applied as it was appeared discordant with that thinking.

I would hope that anyone posting anything in a public forum (thus inviting comment) would be robust enough to accept a spectrum of opinion and not be offended by the remarks of strangers whether they were couched in niceties or put plainly.

Getting back to Macans, I probably would have left the Porsche and Macan badges on and not included the full model designation. Those who know know and those who don't will be surprised at how rapidly that green SUV left them for dust. :D
jk88

Post by jk88 »

DeeJay K wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:15 pm Don't want to highjack someone else's thread and their lovely colour new car but was visiting the local OPC today to get the Car Connect thingumywhatnot switched on and saw this being prepped in the next bay.....
IMG_5754.jpg

That'll be a Macan Turbo Performance Exclusive Edition - the red stripe just above the exhaust is the tell tale
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

alxgb wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:36 pm
Tom 2000 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:29 pm
alxgb wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:24 pm Lovely colour, pity about the fake badging.
thats a bit harsh.
And it's a bit fake. What's your point?
Good to see your apology to Helen.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

MacanArif wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 pm
Bigboyrolo wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:17 pm As already commented, there are ways to put things, no doubt Helen is offended, and I don't blame her. The written word on social media needs to be judged more carefully than the spoken word which has intonation. Helen had only just joined this forum at my suggestion, to show us her beautiful Macan. Far better to say something like 'not to my taste', 'I wouldn't do that' or similar. Not surprised those lovely pictures have been removed and the 'F' appeared, I would have been tempted to be more prescriptive. My guess is that we won't see Helen back again. FWIW, I wouldn't add an S to my Turbo PP badge, would probably take the whole thing off.
I take your point about not being able to get across intonation and non-verbal cues in social media exchanges and it is certainly something we should all be mindful of. Having said that and knowing the people posting on here and most of them like myself are regulars, they're not a malicious bunch and on the contrary I find that this forum is one of the nicest, most friendly forums around. I think many of us on here have similar tastes/ perspectives and if my memory serves me correct, there was another new forum member that posted pictures of his Macan with some rather dubious looking side badges and that was also met with comments. Like yourself Bigboyrolo and many of the others on this post, I certainly wouldn't want to be renaming a model with what I think Porsche should have called it.

I really liked the colour and hope Helen does come back regardless of what we think about the badging.
Macan Arif, I do of course totally agree with you. Since I joined this forum in March 2015, I have had nothing but generous information, helping me understand the many Porsche complexities from yourself and so many very experienced members. I've looked again at the rear badging, and its really not for me. I know Helen has a wealth of Porsche experience, and would be a good member of the forum, let's hope we see her return.
As for badge changes, I had the OPC do this for me (I already had it and it was intended for my Macan) and remove the Panamera S name with the acid green backing. A bit stealthy now and as offered by Porsche.

IMG_1822.jpg

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:22 pm
MacanArif wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 pm
Bigboyrolo wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:17 pm As already commented, there are ways to put things, no doubt Helen is offended, and I don't blame her. The written word on social media needs to be judged more carefully than the spoken word which has intonation. Helen had only just joined this forum at my suggestion, to show us her beautiful Macan. Far better to say something like 'not to my taste', 'I wouldn't do that' or similar. Not surprised those lovely pictures have been removed and the 'F' appeared, I would have been tempted to be more prescriptive. My guess is that we won't see Helen back again. FWIW, I wouldn't add an S to my Turbo PP badge, would probably take the whole thing off.
I take your point about not being able to get across intonation and non-verbal cues in social media exchanges and it is certainly something we should all be mindful of. Having said that and knowing the people posting on here and most of them like myself are regulars, they're not a malicious bunch and on the contrary I find that this forum is one of the nicest, most friendly forums around. I think many of us on here have similar tastes/ perspectives and if my memory serves me correct, there was another new forum member that posted pictures of his Macan with some rather dubious looking side badges and that was also met with comments. Like yourself Bigboyrolo and many of the others on this post, I certainly wouldn't want to be renaming a model with what I think Porsche should have called it.

I really liked the colour and hope Helen does come back regardless of what we think about the badging.
Macan Arif, I do of course totally agree with you. Since I joined this forum in March 2015, I have had nothing but generous information, helping me understand the many Porsche complexities from yourself and so many very experienced members. I've looked again at the rear badging, and its really not for me. I know Helen has a wealth of Porsche experience, and would be a good member of the forum, let's hope we see her return.
As for badge changes, I had the OPC do this for me (I already had it and it was intended for my Macan) and remove the Panamera S name with the acid green backing. A bit stealthy now and as offered by Porsche.
IMG_1822.jpg
Yes agree with you very nice and again a case of less is more.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S