Porsche Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Post pictures of your Macan here!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

smithy37 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:01 pm Got her back today. She was taken away from me due to an iffy tracker transponder. I have instructed my OPC to cancel the tracker subscription as there is no fix forthcoming, so they duly returned her.
Hope it's not an awkward question but you did say on another thread that your insurer requires a tracker. Where do you stand on theft cover until you get a new system fitted?

The reason for asking is when I bought my Cayenne (a lowly diesel not the magnificent machine you have) five years ago my insurance documentation clearly stated the car was not covered for theft unless a tracker was fitted and working. I changed insurer to solve the problem.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

On-Track wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:50 pm
smithy37 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:01 pm Got her back today. She was taken away from me due to an iffy tracker transponder. I have instructed my OPC to cancel the tracker subscription as there is no fix forthcoming, so they duly returned her.
Hope it's not an awkward question but you did say on another thread that your insurer requires a tracker. Where do you stand on theft cover until you get a new system fitted?

The reason for asking is when I bought my Cayenne (a lowly diesel not the magnificent machine you have) five years ago my insurance documentation clearly stated the car was not covered for theft unless a tracker was fitted and working. I changed insurer to solve the problem.
Not awkward at all, don’t worry.

When I was hunting for the best insurance policy I filled in many an online comparison questionnaire. I was then advised, by my SE, to try NFU. They only do things over the phone so I applied that way. I couldn’t remember if it was stated on my insurance that I had to have one active so I bought the tracker service just to be sure. I told the SE it was on my insurance and needed to be active. Once all these issues arose I dug out my policy and found it clearly stated no extra alarms or trackers other than factory fitted. I scanned the policy and sent it to him and they agreed to release the car back to me and refund my money.
I have a massive theft excess on my policy, so trust me when I say I wouldn’t have taken the car back if it nullified my insurance.

They fixed a soft close issue on the passenger side door whilst it was in as it was clunking. So not all wasted time.

Hope this clears things up.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I must look up NFU when my policy comes up for renewal in July. Yours is just the latest positive comment about them from forum members.

Enjoy your new car.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel