Porsche Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Post pictures of your Macan here!
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Guy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:37 am A quick question: Is the central screen very slightly orientated/tilted to the left as it is in the Macan? It really annoys me that manufacturers cannot be modify the central dash properly for right hand drive cars!
Can’t say I’ve noticed, but if it is you will have triggered my ocd. :lol:
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

MacanArif wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:58 am That's a beautiful car and having had that combo in a macan (red interior, black exterior) it's probably what I would have specced. Would love to hear your views on handling/drive in due course.

Congrats - first new Cayenne on here!
Thanks Arif.
Once I’ve gotten used to everything I will update my thoughts. Being the first Cayenne owner is exciting but can have its draw backs when it comes to working how some things work. See my post in technical. :lol:
Taycan Turbo S

N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

SRDL wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:25 pm Very nice car.

By coincidence, I had previously just read the thread on Vehicle Theft Methods which, amongst other things, advised not to show reg plate, or anywhere that could identify your home. Your SatNav screen presumably shows your home location and the “Road Name” (which I won’t quote) is quite clear on the map. A Google search quickly threw up a likely ocation for this! We also have a picture of your house.

Lovely to see you new car but you might want to edit the photos a little. :?
You do realise that anyone that walks past his house knows that he lives there with that car? And they can see the reg plate, and they can see when he goes to work, and the shops etc...there is no benefit to doing that.

So if I’m a thief wanting to steal a car, it’s going to be much easier for me to just follow you home. Don’t even need to go right to your house, i can figure it out by following to a built up area then waiting a while and finding your actual house to make it less obvious.

To change the subject - OP, love the car...and that wasn’t me following you home the other day... :lol:

Hope you’ve many happy miles of motoring ahead, and the scumbags leave you to enjoy it!
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

N13LXC wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:40 am
You do realise that anyone that walks past his house knows that he lives there with that car? And they can see the reg plate, and they can see when he goes to work, and the shops etc...there is no benefit to doing that.

So if I’m a thief wanting to steal a car, it’s going to be much easier for me to just follow you home. Don’t even need to go right to your house, i can figure it out by following to a built up area then waiting a while and finding your actual house to make it less obvious.

To change the subject - OP, love the car...and that wasn’t me following you home the other day... :lol:

Hope you’ve many happy miles of motoring ahead, and the scumbags leave you to enjoy it!
Yes, but if I’m part of a criminal gang wanting to steal a £100k+ car to order, I can find just what I want from the comfort of my home without having to drive round hoping to see one!
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Belated congrats on the shiny new Cayenne Turbo, Smithy!

Looks great and I really like the exterior/interior colour combo, and the wheels. Nice. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Guy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:37 am A quick question: Is the central screen very slightly orientated/tilted to the left as it is in the Macan? It really annoys me that manufacturers cannot be modify the central dash properly for right hand drive cars!
+1. One of the things that annoyed me when I had a test drive in a Cayenne was the heated rear window and screen demisting controls were tucked away on the "wrong" side of the gear selector.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Paul

Post by Paul »

On-Track wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:47 pm
+1. One of the things that annoyed me when I had a test drive in a Cayenne was the heated rear window and screen demisting controls were tucked away on the "wrong" side of the gear selector.
Never mind the heater demister nonsense, it’s the sport and sport + I want on my side......wife covers them up - youngest son is always turning them on! (Mind you, when I say youngest, he is 25!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Got her back today. She was taken away from me due to an iffy tracker transponder. I have instructed my OPC to cancel the tracker subscription as there is no fix forthcoming, so they duly returned her.
As I mentioned elsewhere I had been given a sport turismo e-hybrid as a loaner and I nearly went through the windscreen this evening when I dabbed the brakes in my turbo. I guess the energy recuperation thing does effect the peddle feel in the e-hybrid. Was a pretty good car though and it has made me think twice about hybrids.
Roll on the weekend so I can enjoy my turbo again.
Taycan Turbo S

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Glad you've got her back and have a great weekend in your Turbo! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:30 pm Glad you've got her back and have a great weekend in your Turbo! :)
Thanks Simon.
Taycan Turbo S