GTS has landed

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Looks lovely, Steve. Congratulations.

I have the same model / colour in the pipeline, but had to postpone my slot.

The colour looks immaculate in the sun.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Salty

Post by Salty »

Pleased that you are happy with your purchase. It looks fantastic in that colour.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

1 year old today. Now fully run-in.

This truly is an awesome car. Really rapid with an engine note that gets better as the revs rise and it fires through the gears. Somewhat addictive and just so easy to exceed the speed limit! Glad I specced the Speed Sign Recognition.

Fuel consumption is improving with the miles (but will never match my previous SD of course). See these two screen shots:

Screenshot_20210526-205427_Car Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20210526-205435_Car Connect.jpg

Covid scuppered planned holiday trips to France and then Italy, so mileage is low for this last 12 months. In fact the lowest miles p.a. I've ever done - back in the day I was doing 10 x times that!!

Finding the Sport Chrono 20 second burst extremely useful for dispatching slower A-road traffic. So accessible via the button on the steering wheel.

Voice recognition works really well and especially useful for the Sat Nav. The bigger screen is of marginal benefit as not landscape type, BUT having Google satellite view is better.

Very happy with the comfort and grip of the standard GTS 8-way seats with Alcantara.

LED headlights are wonderful for night driving, (even better than the bi-xenon on my old SD).

Panoramic sun roof again a delight with its Increased light plus tilt for extra ventilation without much wind noise or fully open in the sunshine for cruising.

Having a screen wash jet for the reversing camera was a boon in the mucky weather.

Over sensitive parking sensors still a Macan issue.

Build quality, fit & finish, solidity and sheer driveability...... still got it. :)

P S. This week I was offered more than I paid for it a year ago. Not selling though!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Glad you're still enjoying the car Steve.

You've reminded me that I need to read the manual about voice recognition as the commands for the Sat Nav seemed to have changed since my SD. Only done 2600 miles since last August and have not yet driven the car after dark so can't really comment on the lights.

Endorse the Pano roof except I've only tilted mine once (and that was when stationary).

Hopefully with lockdown coming to an end will add some long distance journeys (UK only) this year.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Glad you're enjoying your car, good feedback. A couple of points from me:

1) When the total trip shows 99h59mins it won't be much use after that. Annoying, but best to reset. I've started resetting mine every time I fill up with fuel and comparing each tank.

2) The speed limit indicator is rubbish, be careful - it's often showing the incorrect speed for me.

3) I'm curious about the Sports Chrono "boost" - does it temporarily kick in "Sport" or "Sport Plus"? If you're already in that mode, does it do anything?

Cheers,

Ben
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Hi Peter, you do not even need to go to the glove box to read the manual, just view on the Good to Know App. ;)
Or
Press the stalk end button and say "Drive me to .....(Timbuktu)"
Good excuse for a drive in this sunny weather with the pano open. 8-)
You know you want to hear that snarling engine tone better! :twisted:
Steve

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

jaffacake wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:23 am Glad you're enjoying your car, good feedback. A couple of points from me:

1) When the total trip shows 99h59mins it won't be much use after that. Annoying, but best to reset. I've started resetting mine every time I fill up with fuel and comparing each tank.

2) The speed limit indicator is rubbish, be careful - it's often showing the incorrect speed for me.

3) I'm curious about the Sports Chrono "boost" - does it temporarily kick in "Sport" or "Sport Plus"? If you're already in that mode, does it do anything?

Cheers,

Ben
Thanks Ben. 1). Yes shame the total time does not go past 99h59m. I have reset it to record mileage and mpg for the next 12m.
2). I like the speed reminder and only rarely find it incorrect
3). Think I've only ever tried Sport and Sport+ a couple of times and never plus the button, so sorry can't help. I find the button alone is all I need for an over boost burst of acceleration.
Steve