GTS has landed

Post pictures of your Macan here!
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Looking fabulous in Sapphire Blue!

Many congratulations and I hope you get as much driving pleasure from the GTS as I've had.
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

JohnP wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:48 am Looking fabulous in Sapphire Blue!

Many congratulations and I hope you get as much driving pleasure from the GTS as I've had.
Thank you. Your GTS looks very classy in Dolomite Silver. Enjoy
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

One month in - GTS compared to SD

The SD that I bought and ran for 3 years was a peach. Great build quality, big-hearted creamy 3.0 diesel with masses of low down torque, superb ride quality on 19” alloys and PASM combined with an average 36 mpg / 500+ mile range. No faults, no DPF issues, just one service needed in those 3 years and 62% residual value even in this anti-diesel era. :D

So the new GTS has a lot to live up to. One month in and it is better overall. I really do like the lower stance, black wheels and external trim and particularly the rear light bar. The ride is a bit firmer than the magic carpet SD. The LED headlights are a standard fit bonus; not done much night driving yet to compare to the optional bi-xenon’s on the SD. The standard 8-way GTS seats are comfortable and very good at holding you in place on a twisty road. I’m average build and they are snug. The Sport button on the steering wheel, which you get with Sport Chrono, is so much more user friendly than reaching for the button on the far side of the centre console. The wider screen is okay, but no deeper so no big benefit. I’ve set a compass display in the left field to make it less of a letter box shape. The voice control is MUCH better and so easy to use now. For example just say “Drive me to….(wherever)”. I’ve yet to need the jet wash for the rear camera lens, but it should help clear the muck issue that was constant on the SD. :roll:

Big gain is that the overall car wash cleaning time is less as the side blades are smooth and with the rear mid-section being painted. The front grill is easier to clean too with the larger bar spacings. The black alloys are fiddlier to clean, but a set of genuine Wheelie Woollies and a drying towel have really helped here. Loving the brightness of the Sapphire Blue colour. 8-)

The 2.9 engine is only just starting to loosen up and sound fruitier, especially with the PSE engaged. Still in the running in phase, but the power is awesome on the few occasions that I’ve used the higher rev range to pass traffic. Fuel consumption so far has averaged 26 mpg and seen 32 on a long run. Petrol being 8% cheaper takes some of the sting out of the lower mpg and of course no AdBlue costs. Range is down some 20% at 400 miles compared to the SD's 500+ miles, but that's still better than any EV and it just takes 5 minutes to refuel. ;)

Key driving differences are the lighter feeling, in a good way, front end on turn-in and the generally more nimble handling aided by the virtually no-lag acceleration compared to the SD. So the new GTS is just a hoot to blast down A- and particularly rural B-roads. Looking forward to the post running in period next. :evil:
Steve

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Sounds promising

Glad you notice the weight difference - I said it on here once and I was shot down as not knowing what I was talking about...
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Thanks for the update, Steve. You've given me something to look forward to in roughly a month's time.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Glad you're enjoying the GTS.

I seem to spend most of the time in mine in Sport, or Sport+ mode. It's killing the fuel consumption - I averaged 16.2 mpg on a cross country blast the other day :shock: - but it makes it an absolute hoot to drive, with loads of mid range punch once the revs are up. Add in the throttle blips on the downchanges and plenty of pops and burbles from the exhausts and every journey becomes a grin-fest!

Enjoy! :)
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

JohnP wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:16 pm Glad you're enjoying the GTS.

I seem to spend most of the time in mine in Sport, or Sport+ mode. It's killing the fuel consumption - I averaged 16.2 mpg on a cross country blast the other day :shock: - but it makes it an absolute hoot to drive, with loads of mid range punch once the revs are up. Add in the throttle blips on the downchanges and plenty of pops and burbles from the exhausts and every journey becomes a grin-fest!

Enjoy! :)
I second that and my 18mpg now looking less bad :) I use the paddles a lot more when pushing on than I do in the Cayman and I keep in the 4-5k sweet spot, where there is indeed a massive amount of oomph that brings a smile. Change down pops are my favourite, interestingly we get no pops or bangs from the Cayman sports car (2019, GFP) much to my wife’s annoyance - not sure what we are doing wrong?

I don’t tend to go much over 5.5k mostly due to paddle control as I think sport would hold longer, guess that winning me 2+mpg ;). The handling is sublime and you forget your in a 2 tonne SUV the quicker you go.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:04 pm One month in - GTS compared to SD

The SD that I bought and ran for 3 years was a peach. Great build quality, big-hearted creamy 3.0 diesel with masses of low down torque, superb ride quality on 19” alloys and PASM combined with an average 36 mpg / 500+ mile range. No faults, no DPF issues, just one service needed in those 3 years and 62% residual value even in this anti-diesel era. :D

So the new GTS has a lot to live up to. One month in and it is better overall. I really do like the lower stance, black wheels and external trim and particularly the rear light bar. The ride is a bit firmer than the magic carpet SD. The LED headlights are a standard fit bonus; not done much night driving yet to compare to the optional bi-xenon’s on the SD. The standard 8-way GTS seats are comfortable and very good at holding you in place on a twisty road. I’m average build and they are snug. The Sport button on the steering wheel, which you get with Sport Chrono, is so much more user friendly than reaching for the button on the far side of the centre console. The wider screen is okay, but no deeper so no big benefit. I’ve set a compass display in the left field to make it less of a letter box shape. The voice control is MUCH better and so easy to use now. For example just say “Drive me to….(wherever)”. I’ve yet to need the jet wash for the rear camera lens, but it should help clear the muck issue that was constant on the SD. :roll:

Big gain is that the overall car wash cleaning time is less as the side blades are smooth and with the rear mid-section being painted. The front grill is easier to clean too with the larger bar spacings. The black alloys are fiddlier to clean, but a set of genuine Wheelie Woollies and a drying towel have really helped here. Loving the brightness of the Sapphire Blue colour. 8-)

The 2.9 engine is only just starting to loosen up and sound fruitier, especially with the PSE engaged. Still in the running in phase, but the power is awesome on the few occasions that I’ve used the higher rev range to pass traffic. Fuel consumption so far has averaged 26 mpg and seen 32 on a long run. Petrol being 8% cheaper takes some of the sting out of the lower mpg and of course no AdBlue costs. Range is down some 20% at 400 miles compared to the SD's 500+ miles, but that's still better than any EV and it just takes 5 minutes to refuel. ;)

Key driving differences are the lighter feeling, in a good way, front end on turn-in and the generally more nimble handling aided by the virtually no-lag acceleration compared to the SD. So the new GTS is just a hoot to blast down A- and particularly rural B-roads. Looking forward to the post running in period next. :evil:
Engine indeed sounds better with miles. I am averaging 21mpg (calculated) and 400mile range normally at top up (Plummets if I have too many fun drives), do you have the standard tank or the 75L?

Not sure if you played much with the PASM settings, but I find I move to setting II, sport plus on undulating fast B roads as the ride is better, firmer, but handling better when driving pretty spirited. Comfort is fine for normal driving and sport reserved for smooth roads
At lower speeds I don’t really notice PASM, had in sport plus the other day and didn’t notice.

I do touchless cleaning on my 21 turbo wheels (ceramic coated) and so far that’s working very well with a weekly wash routine.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Kmacuk - yes have the 75L tank to minimise refueling stops. Used the first light on for PASM setting on the SD and same again now for the GTS. Will need to do some experminting with it and the Sport settings once it's run in. Thanks for the ideas.
Steve

pmg

Post by pmg »

Glad all going well. Many of the minor changes that come with Macan 2 do when totalled up improve the car, eg wash for the rear camera, sc steering wheel switch and improved voice control, add up to a worthwhile improvement never mind the handling improvements for both Macan 2 changes and GTS package

Coincidentally, this video released today which shows what car like on German autobahn at top speed

[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Aa515ouh6k&t=1s][/url]
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8