Headlight lenses WTF is happening?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

This defect is starting look like something Porsche GB needs to be looking into, quite how this is regarded as a cosmetic item is beyond me. I must say if it happens to my car I won’t be taking if lying down!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Kleynie wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 pm
r1flyguy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:48 am

Good luck, will be Interested in their response.
Well it’s not looking good, had a call to say it was cosmetic and not covered under warranty, I said I was expecting the same contribution that others had been offered on various forums, so they are looking at it again.

Problem is, I have LED Active lights with washers and I believe they are around £1400 per side, so I will still have a large bill.

If it is indeed ‘cosmetic’ and not affecting the performance of the lights in any way, I have to say I think I’d live with it, rather than forking out £2,800 or more...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

I have now sold my Macan but I wouldn’t have been happy if the lights looked like the examples shown here. To tell people it is “cosmetic” and just suck it up rather than replace the items under warranty is similar to the attitude that some have faced when facing problems with their pano roof leaking. This type of response is not what people expect when buying a Porsche and is not in the spirit of of the customer/brand relationship even if it’s in the contractual letter of the warranty.

These types of experiences will simply dilute the brand overtime in the same way that Mercedes and BMW suffered. Not sure what I will replace the Macan with yet but a Toyota GR Yaris will be here soon to join the 911 and I look forward to a factory 5 year warranty with few quibbles...... time will tell.
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Exactly, that’s why I moved away from BMW.

I have my car back now pending a decision from Porsche Uk.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.