How can I find out if I had a DME (AJ07) ECU update applied?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
tjrundy

Post by tjrundy »

Hello,

I have a 2014 Macan Diesel S. I wondered if there an easy way to determine (without having to plug anything in), whether the car has had any of the DME 'dieselgate' updates applied, prior to my ownership? I saw that there is a screen on the navigation with software version numbers - I wonder if it's possible to see from that?

I've had a good dig on the forum, but it doesn't look like anyone asked this before?

Thanks,

Tom.

Guy

Post by Guy »

AFAIK the only place that it is recorded (that you can view) is page 24 of the Service Manual, under 'Service Campaigns'. There is no change to the SW number on the PCM.

My 2015 SD has WG22 and AJ07 listed there so far, and is having a further DME update this Friday, although I am not sure of the number.

If you don't have sight of the Service Manual, maybe call a dealer with the VIN.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Further to the above' today I had the latest DME update which is listed in my Service Record as WKL0
MCS

Post by MCS »

@Guy - any impact on your car? I also have been informed my 2017 Macan S Diesel needs WKL0...(previously had the AJ07 done)....
Guy

Post by Guy »

MCS wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:55 pm @Guy - any impact on your car? I also have been informed my 2017 Macan S Diesel needs WKL0...(previously had the AJ07 done)....
Sorry - I sold my SD mid Oct! The only journey after WKL0 was about 20 miles back from the OPC! I am sure that others have had it done, so perhaps they can chip in.
MCS

Post by MCS »

no worries - I take it you have moved away from diesel and / or Porsche all together...?
Guy

Post by Guy »

MCS wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:47 pm no worries - I take it you have moved away from diesel and / or Porsche all together...?

I am taking a pause between vehicles. I have no need for a car, especially during lockdown, hence will look for something smaller and sportier once all this covid business starts to get sorted. My insurance NCD is valid until Oct 2022, so that's my absolute deadline!