Oil Leak - Engine out?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

GWDALBA wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:30 pm Interesting Madelvic, as I was told two weeks work. I assume all is well after engine was removed and put back?
I was told two, but it took three.

I had a subsequent problem, with an engine warning light caused by secondary air pump (that warms the cats up) being out of range. I suspect it was a lose hose, easily rectified

The oil leak is a known fault. Niche Technologies used to have a good write up, but their website has gone
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

loose!
GWDALBA

Post by GWDALBA »

Update: Car was picked up on the 12th by OPC Edinburgh (170 miles from home), a new Cayenne e-hybrid dropped off. Suspected Timing Chain Cover oil leak sorted after engine / gearbox out. Car returned yesterday and loan car returned. Great service by them and kept me updated regularly once the car was taken into the workshop. All under warranty 😊.
2016 Macan GTS in Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S 987 in GT Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

GWDALBA wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:51 am Update: Car was picked up on the 12th by OPC Edinburgh (170 miles from home), a new Cayenne e-hybrid dropped off. Suspected Timing Chain Cover oil leak sorted after engine / gearbox out. Car returned yesterday and loan car returned. Great service by them and kept me updated regularly once the car was taken into the workshop. All under warranty 😊.
Excellent!
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Madelvic wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:55 am
GWDALBA wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:51 am Update: Car was picked up on the 12th by OPC Edinburgh (170 miles from home), a new Cayenne e-hybrid dropped off. Suspected Timing Chain Cover oil leak sorted after engine / gearbox out. Car returned yesterday and loan car returned. Great service by them and kept me updated regularly once the car was taken into the workshop. All under warranty 😊.
Excellent!
(Just noticed the very similar signatures/cars. Funny)