Water trapped at the bottom of my 2019 Macan S

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
macanapb

Post by macanapb »

Hi guys,

after the recent heavy rainfalls in London over the past week, I have noticed an annoying sloshing sound of water trapped at the bottom of my 2019 Macan S. The sound comes from just below the driver seat. The door does not seem wet, I have no idea how the water came in? Maybe through the small rear right window (back of the rear door) if it isnt properly sealed?

I am sure there is a way to drain it from under, but nonetheless super annoying for a car with 6k miles!

Has anyone been in this situation? Called my OPC but service only back on Monday.

Thanks for your help
Alex

PS: Yes I have the sunroof, but it was closed obviously!
Last edited by macanapb on Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pmg

Post by pmg »

Have you got a sunroof?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
macanapb

Post by macanapb »

Yes I have got the sunroof :oops:
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

My first thought too. Possibly the channels in the sunroof leading down from the front of the sunroof are blocked or detached. I recall vaguely there was an issue with the latter. The footwell gets very wet
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

I have had problems with my sunroof that are documented in other threads on here. In my case I was getting excess condensation and water sloshing around in the battery compartment...... not good. This appears to be a bit of a weak link on some macans as others have reported similar problems and I have been told by my OPC that some have suffered issues with the electrics as a result.

In my case the first assumption was that the drains were blocked...... I got fed up of saying... “no my car doesn’t sit under trees”..... it is a 2017 model now with 14,000 miles on it so not a high mileage issue. After fiddling about with the drains the OPC seemed to latch on to the fact that the leak was coming from where the pano roof cassette sits in the roof opening. The fix appeared to involve using some sort of silicon filler. That was around 12 months ago and no issues since. However, I am waiting to see how it holds up in the current weather that we are experiencing.......
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
macanapb

Post by macanapb »

Not a chance that the water would go through the rear side windows behind the rear doors?
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Is the water actually inside the car? Are the carpets wet?
pmg

Post by pmg »

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8345&hilit=sunroof

This is the major 7 page long thread on the topic
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
macanapb

Post by macanapb »

ScotMac wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:38 pm Is the water actually inside the car? Are the carpets wet?
No sign of water inside the car, the carpets aren’t wet and everything is working well
macanapb

Post by macanapb »

Also i am really wondering where the water is? It really makes a lot of noise, but the carpets aren’t wet. Apparently a known issue to VW Touareg and Cayenne. Wonder how they will drain it?
Last edited by macanapb on Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.