RAC Warranty

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
peter7

Post by peter7 »

I’m quite new (less that 12 months ) to Macan ownership but had the sports cars for 10 years . I just saw the link at top of the page to RAC warranty, does anyone use this ? Any comments or advice ?
My car is a Macan S 2014 with 80 k miles , fully serviced but just out of warranty last January
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Garage offered me an RAC Warranty when I bought my GTS. 5 minutes on Google showed some with less than positive experiences of this rebranded warranty. I’ve gone with Porsche instead
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

One of the issues I had when renewing my F-Type warranty was the labour limit offered by ALA/RAC warranty.
Labour limit was £60 per hour, which was totally insufficient.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
paulyonder

Post by paulyonder »

I maybe one of the few that actually managed to extract cash from RAC / the Warranty Group. I successfully had them cover an out of Porsche-warranty transfer case replacement (circa £4k) and complete replacement of an air suspension strut that had failed, approx £1k.

Only issue is their labour rate amounts are rock bottom, so I ended up topping up by a couple hundred quid in each case, allowing me to go OPC within M25.

I think it helped I used the indie that sold me the car, that did many deals with RAC, to apply some pressure on each occasion to the RAC account manager. A frustrating experience, but good to know that my ~£800 investment was probably covered 6x over in only two years.
Current: Macan S (Purchased Dec 2018)
Previous: 911 997 C2S (Sold Dec 2018)
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Wouldn’t bother....not quite the same, but years ago I purchased an AA warranty....not worth the paper it was written on. Before even inspecting the car the engineer knew what he was recommending, turned up at the garage where the car was and didn’t even inspect it before rejecting the claim. Lots of emails and phone calls later I gave up!

The garage where the car was, was on my side, but the AA just blanked me and said it was a known fault......maybe so, but not one subject to a recall!

Avoid!
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)