Need information

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Rmishka

Post by Rmishka »

I recently purchased a 2017 macan gts. Need help on resolving following issues.
Whe put in reverse the rear view camera doesn't come up on the screen only sensors are displayed.

The headlights are pointing very low. Previous owner told me that he mechanically adjusted to the max but the car itself points them low.

Any information is greatly appreciated

Best Regards
Mike

bompey

Post by bompey »

Rear view camera was an optional extra, so does your car definitely have it?
Sorry, but don’t know about the lights.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above, no camera. Why do you think you have one, was it listed on the sale spec.

Look at the back of the car and the camera can be clearly seen if there.

Manually adjusting lights sounds odd. Mine had LED which did all the adjustments themselves.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I assume it has either Xenon or LEDs, both of which should automatically height adjust I believe.

Where are you based? Sounds like the car would benefit from a scan to see what modules are present and check for fault codes.

Rear camera is above the number plate.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Guy

Post by Guy »

There are two manual hex adjusters under the bonnet that you can use to adjust the height of the Xenons. Perhaps the previous owner overdid the adjustment , and there are no up/down arrows so it's trial and error. It's explained in the owner's manual.

Edit: I checked my notes and you need a 6mm Allen Key or a screwdriver. Here's a picture showing the location of the adjusters. The yellow markings are where I put UP/DOWN labels to help with adjustment, but unfortunately the photo isn't high enough resolution to read them! (And the car is now sold)

IMG_4265 c.jpg

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Guy wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:57 am There are two manual hex adjusters under the bonnet that you can use to adjust the height of the Xenons. Perhaps the previous owner overdid the adjustment , and there are no up/down arrows so it's trial and error. It's explained in the owner's manual.

Edit: I checked my notes and you need a 6mm Allen Key or a screwdriver. Here's a picture showing the location of the adjusters. The yellow markings are where I put UP/DOWN labels to help with adjustment, but unfortunately the photo isn't high enough resolution to read them! (And the car is now sold)

IMG_4265 c.jpg
Wow Guy, the engine bay on your SD is much cleaner than mine used to be :lol: :lol: . Must do better with the GTS.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Guy

Post by Guy »

On-Track wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:02 am Wow Guy, the engine bay on your SD is much cleaner than mine used to be :lol: :lol: . Must do better with the GTS.

Thanks. But when I realised that I spent more time cleaning it than driving it, I knew it had to go :roll: