Little upgrades / mods I have done so far 2015 Diesel S

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Mobile chicane

Post by Mobile chicane »

So I got my 2015 macan diesel S about a month ago, I like do do little reversable modifications to my cars to make them just right for me.

Here is a list of what I've done so far:

Installed audi fan style washer jets to replace the 3 jet units.

The jet assemblies are a straight swap, the audi part numbers are PW4G0955987A and PW4G0955988A (lhs and rhs)

They can be orderd from any audi dealer and the cost is about £25 for the pair.

simply open bonet use a plastic pry tool to pop the old jet assembly out and unclip the water supply pipe then fit is reversal of removal.

The audi ones have the heater element socket on them, my macan dosent have heated washer jets so not an issue for me, I dont know if where fitted the porsche plug would be difrent but I doubt it.

Dont be tempted by the cheaper ones on amazon or ebay as they are poorly made junk.

Replaced all the interior and number plate bulbs with LED 501 capless units.

loads of difrent ones to chose from on amazon and costs under £10 for a pack of 10.

Fittted the DTUK pedal box previously fitted to my golf R (this was first sent back to DTUK for a reprogram to suit the macan)

this gets rid of the flat or dead spot at the very beginning of the throttle travel and is tunable on the fly, it plugs inline with the throttle multi connector.

Fitted my Lazer linear 12 light bar and slaved it via a fused relay to the high beam, as I have the povety spec lights this has made a big improvement on unlit roads.

there is more to come

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

What does the light bar look like!?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Mobile chicane

Post by Mobile chicane »

Re light bar its from Lazer lighting

https://www.lazerlamps.com/linear-12.html
Mobile chicane

Post by Mobile chicane »

Pic attached hopefully

C16EEF52-BC43-4E63-8F8A-FE3D36D45CD2.jpeg

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Neatly done.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
RAA

Post by RAA »

Did you fit the Lazer lights yourself, or get one of Lazerlamp's associate dealers to do it ? If the latter, which one please ?

I enquired of my nearest Lazerlamp's associate dealers (Gigglepin4x4), but they tell me they only fit to Land Rovers.

Thanks.
Buzz Macan

Post by Buzz Macan »

Hi Mobile Chicane, many thanks for a great post, Im planning to also fit the light bar, can you tell us how you identified the high beam wire (which one is it) and your general relay set up?
Many thanks in advance
Buzz Macan