Sun blind

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

I continue to push the sun blind back to it's full opening, resetting the key and door setting 1.
For some reason the blind keeps resetting itself to 3/4 open?
Is this a manufacturer default setting or am I doing something wrong?
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Have you tried re-storing the closed position per the procedure in the manual? Even though it's storing the closed position it I think it may need this to save the open position too. Having saved the closed position open and close the blind fully a couple of times.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Thanks Nick will RTFM.
Mind you I am still working through the PCM manual🤣🤣
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Are you holding the lock button down to lock the car and fold the mirrors? If you do that, the sun blind will start to close too and stop when you release the lock button. If you do that just after the mirrors have folded it will have got a quarter of the way closed.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

CharlesElliott wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:53 am Are you holding the lock button down to lock the car and fold the mirrors? If you do that, the sun blind will start to close too and stop when you release the lock button. If you do that just after the mirrors have folded it will have got a quarter of the way closed.
Wow, I never realised that. Just confirmed ours does exactly that and explains why that sun blind keeps moving of its own accord!

I also checked the opening, one push and it opens all the way.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

CharlesElliott wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:53 am Are you holding the lock button down to lock the car and fold the mirrors? If you do that, the sun blind will start to close too and stop when you release the lock button. If you do that just after the mirrors have folded it will have got a quarter of the way closed.
Thanks Charles, this is exactly the issue, I always hold the key to close the mirrors then release.
Sorted👍👍
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

One of the good changes in Gen 2 cars is the wing mirrors fold as soon as the lock button is pressed. Almost every time we went out in the SD my wife would be pressing the open button to move the sun blind back. One less thing for her to fiddle with in the new car. :D
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel