Fault code is P048100

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
wildfire2004

Post by wildfire2004 »

Hi,

Has anyone come across fault code P048100 on a Porsche Macan.

The P0481 code identifies a problem with the control circuit for a cooling fan.

What are the symptoms of the P0481 code?
There is no Check Engine light on the dashboard, the P0481 code is on OBD. I am informed may cause the engine to overheat as a symptom. This is because the cooling fan, meant to help regulate the coolant temperature, did not function properly when commanded on by the ECM (engine control module).

They replaced the controller unit and fan, still getting error code. Porsche dealer has had my car for over 5 weeks now unable to resolve the issue. Anyone come across this before???

dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Had a problem with my previous jag but that was with the fan coming on before the engine needed it. As such it sounded like a jet plane from start up until being switched off.
Jag took it in, said one of the valves was stuck in a closed position, replaced the water pump and applied a firmware update.

Of course your problem could be completely different. But still, hard to comprehend that Porsche can have your car for so long and not work out what the problem is.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

i would find a new dealer, 5 weeks taking the micky
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Hope you have a decent loan car. Escalate through Porsche Cars GB and look for factory support?
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
wildfire2004

Post by wildfire2004 »

Yes I have a loan car. My car is also under warranty, so I not overly concerned, but I am confused as to why it is taking them so long to resolve