Side mirror query

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Caps4444

Post by Caps4444 »

Hi, I’m the owner of a new Macan ( had it for a week). This may seem a silly question, but when pressing the button to close them, it seems the driver one closes a fraction later than the passenger one; does this sound normal, as in they don’t close at exactly the same time?

Many thanks.

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Congrats on your new Macan 👍.......which model, colour and spec did you go for?

Just checked my mirrors, and it does look like the drivers side does close fractionally later than the passenger side, though I must admit it’s very difficult to see the difference! 🤔
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Caps4444

Post by Caps4444 »

Thanks for the reply, I noticed it as the driver side continued to close a 1/2 a second more than the passenger side.

Loving the car, I have to admit I was very fortunate. It’s a 2.0 and I had ordered a very basic spec, metallic black, 14 way, 19 inch and surround camera. The wrong spec arrived and the OPC offered a demo car and to re-order or find me a stock car with a similar spec.
Well they found me a car with an additional £5k spec but at my original invoice. The only thing it didn’t have was the 14 way, so standard interior, but in addition it has sports exhaust, sunroof, 21 inch, privacy glass, dimming mirrors, heated windscreen, driver memory package, coloured wheel caps, smoking package, comfort lighting, heated gts sports wheel.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I would say mine is less than 1/2 a second, but I’m sure yours are operating correctly, so enjoy your car.

Sounds like you got a great deal on your Macan, and it’s always nice to get something for nothing from an OPC!! 👍👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Must be a new thing, as on my 2017, they open/close in perfect harmony? ;-)
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Caps4444

Post by Caps4444 »

Car is currently with OPC to fix a front sensor, so will ask them to check. Doesn’t really make a difference, but more curious.