Both Remote Key Fobs not unlocking the car??

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

JurassicMacan wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:48 pm Plug in the CTek to the lighter socket in the boot and turn on before locking the car. I find this works.
Works for me as well, i have also used the socket in the front smokers pack as well.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.

RAA

Post by RAA »

JurassicMacan wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:48 pm Plug in the CTek to the lighter socket in the boot and turn on before locking the car. I find this works.
Yes, exactly what I do, but, after switching on the CTEK, switch the car's ignition on briefly (a couple of seconds will do) and then switch the ignition off - this will maintain the connection between the car battery and the boot lighter socket.
JBA

Post by JBA »

Hi all,
I've started a thread separately on the same issue and have been directed here instead.
It was suspected that the battery might be the issue that has stopped the key fob from working.
However I checked the voltage on the driver menu display and when starting the engine the reading is consistently between 12.6 and 13 volts. Then when driving off, with lights and AC on, the voltage holds steady at about 14.4 volts.

From reading this thread my battery seems fine yet the fobs have failed twice in the last 3 weeks.
It remains puzzling and not something that I have experienced in any previous cars.

Any further thoughts or suggestions welcome.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

JBA wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:32 pm Hi all,
I've started a thread separately on the same issue and have been directed here instead.
It was suspected that the battery might be the issue that has stopped the key fob from working.
However I checked the voltage on the driver menu display and when starting the engine the reading is consistently between 12.6 and 13 volts. Then when driving off, with lights and AC on, the voltage holds steady at about 14.4 volts.

From reading this thread my battery seems fine yet the fobs have failed twice in the last 3 weeks.
It remains puzzling and not something that I have experienced in any previous cars.

Any further thoughts or suggestions welcome.
Turn on the ignition but do not start the car. What is the voltage showing? If it's around 11.5-11.6V then the car will have started the battery protection process. If it's 11.8-12V then the battery is in a good state of charge.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel