Extended warranty? Porsche or AN Other.

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

I wouldn't touch a warranty other than Porsches. I don't use them for consumables like brakes and tyres though. My parts department always give me a decent price on brakes which I fit myself and I buy N0/N2 rated tyres online, it helps take the sting out of OPC service costs.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Thank you all for your perspective.

One other question.... I presume the 116 point check is obligatory and extra?

I’m kinda hoping that Porsche might look kindly on the fact that for obvious reasons the previous 12 months mileage has been particularly meagre. But I’m not holding my breath.

But some room for negotiation maybe.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I had to pay for the 111 point check but have read some others haven't. Don't think it is charged if included with a service.

For (I think) £60 Edinburgh offered me this and it includes £40 off the 111 point check and 10% off parts and labour

1. 10 off labour and servicing costs.jpg

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:26 pm I had to pay for the 111 point check but have read some others haven't. Don't think it is charged if included with a service.

For (I think) £60 Edinburgh offered me this and it includes £40 off the 111 point check and 10% off parts and labour
Thanks interesting. And looks like a pan-OPC scheme. Many thanks.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Marksmacan

Post by Marksmacan »

Was contacted today by my local Porsche garage asking was I interested in extending the warranty and was told they no longer charge for the 111 point check.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Marksmacan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:43 pm Was contacted today by my local Porsche garage asking was I interested in extending the warranty and was told they no longer charge for the 111 point check.
Well, that’s a surprise. I wonder, though, if it applies to all OPCs.
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:26 pm I had to pay for the 111 point check but have read some others haven't. Don't think it is charged if included with a service.

Slightly off topic but is the “service” offered to you by OPC Edinburgh widely available? Does it have a name so I can ask if my local OPC provides? Cheers
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

PMY8HV70 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:49 pm

Slightly off topic but is the “service” offered to you by OPC Edinburgh widely available? Does it have a name so I can ask if my local OPC provides? Cheers
Don't know. they called it 'Exclusive Customer'. Belong to Sytner Group and have OPCs in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leicester, Mid Sussex, Silverstone and Solihull.

It might just be Sytner but if you are near one of their dealerships it would be interesting to know
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:09 pm
PMY8HV70 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:49 pm

Don't know. they called it 'Exclusive Customer'. Belong to Sytner Group and have OPCs in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leicester, Mid Sussex, Silverstone and Solihull.

It might just be Sytner but if you are near one of their dealerships it would be interesting to know
I’m with Tewkesbury which is another Sytner so I will be asking the question.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ Tewkesbury is part of the Dick Lovett group

https://www.dicklovett.co.uk/porsche?mh ... Y_EALw_wcB
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver