P068A00 Main-Relay driver code

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
HiMyNameIsJoe

Post by HiMyNameIsJoe »

Me again,

Health check completed and shows this code. Anyone please shed some light onit and if there is a fuse somewhere I don't know about.

Thanks

HiMyNameIsJoe

Post by HiMyNameIsJoe »

Cars not starting which i believe maybe down to the above codes.
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

A quick google came up with this:

When a code P068A is stored, it means that the engine/powertrain control module (ECM/PCM), has detected a defect in the de-energizing procedure for the relay which supplies it with voltage. In this case the relay has de-energized too soon. The PCM power relay is used to apply battery voltage safely to the appropriate PCM circuits. It is a contact type relay that is activated with a signal wire from the ignition switch. This relay must be gradually de-energized in a controlled manner to avoid voltage spikes and possible controller damage. This type of relay typically uses a five-wire design. Constant battery voltage is applied on one wire; ground on another. A third circuit carries a signal from the ignition switch and a fourth supplies voltage to the PCM. The fifth wire is the power relay sense circuit. It is used by the PCM to monitor power relay voltage. If the PCM detects a malfunction in de-energizing the ECM/PCM power relay, a code P068A will be stored and a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) may be illuminated.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p068a
Copyright OBD-Codes.com
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

failed relay?