Driver's Mirror Whistle

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Gary33

Post by Gary33 »

Anyone got an annoying whistle from the driver's door mirror, been back to dealer many times and they say they cant find a problem. It starts about 65mph and gets worse with speed. It is not normal wind noise. We have the surround view camera on a S. Any fixes?

Also the Max ventilation to clear front window booms when first pressed, then after a few seconds returns to normal fan noise. Dealer says standard on a Macan??

B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Hi - I had exactly the same problem on my Macan.

Check that the window is correctly tracking up into the ‘slot’ of the window seal in the corner of the window near the mirror. On our Macan the window had somehow managed to bend the seal when it was closed from being fully open (I have to use a carpark card entry system at work). It was not easy to spot initially but after comparison with the passenger side it was apparent that the window was not tracking correctly. The initial part of the ‘track’ is well down inside the door but I did manage to use a ‘cake pallet’ flat blade to re-align it for a few weeks but when the problem returned the whole window seal was replaced under Porsche warranty. As you said, the excess noise was very noticeable around 70mph.
In the photo you can see the seal had been incorrectly pushed to one side when the window closed.

Good luck

9B1FF27E-E8A5-4504-A779-4139E4C40A28.jpeg

Gary33

Post by Gary33 »

thank you, I will check