Headlamp wash fuse

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Probably done already but just check that you have the headlamps on, not just in auto.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

peter7

Post by peter7 »

MikeM wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:10 pm Probably done already but just check that you have the headlamps on, not just in auto.
Yes tried that too ... I just can’t find any reference to a fuse ...
has anyone removed front bumper 😬?
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
peter7

Post by peter7 »

peter7 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:17 am I have the PDLS Plus lights , I have the switch on the stalk ,washer bottle is full to the brim , it’s just been in for a service at brooklands and they said they aren’t working , but wanted over £200 to take a look ( I think removing front bumper ) so I thought I’d investigate it myself first ... with the help of you lovely guys 👍🏻
Edited “with the help of you lovely GIRLS and guys “
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

peter7 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:47 am
MikeM wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:10 pm Probably done already but just check that you have the headlamps on, not just in auto.
Just check every fuse. There's so much electronics on modern cars they will sometimes use a fuse for multiple functions.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Guy

Post by Guy »

I doubt that there's a requirement to remove bumper. AFAIK the mechanism for the front washers to raise relies just on water pressure, and given that neither are working it's unlikely that they have both jammed. It is more likely that either the pump is not working (or not producing enough pressure), or that the supply pipe is detached or blocked between the pump and the point at which it divides into two. You may have to remove the front left wheel arch liner to investigate the pump/hose - I think it is housed at the base of the washer fluid container. All this is covered in the manual that I linked to earlier in the thread.

If you do want to check the actual spray mechanisms, then you'll probably need to remove the headlights, which is quite straightforward and covered in the handbook (the bulb-changing section towards the end).
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

It hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the thread but are the screen washers working OK?

It was Guy's post above that set me thinking. Are there two pumps or one which covers both systems but with a solenoid valve controlling the feed to the headlamp washers?
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
peter7

Post by peter7 »

On-Track wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:51 am It hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the thread but are the screen washers working OK?

It was Guy's post above that set me thinking. Are there two pumps or one which covers both systems but with a solenoid valve controlling the feed to the headlamp washers?
Yes washers working fine good pressure .thanks for all ideas
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Guy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:42 am

I doubt that there's a requirement to remove bumper. AFAIK the mechanism for the front washers to raise relies just on water pressure, and given that neither are working it's unlikely that they have both jammed. It is more likely that either the pump is not working (or not producing enough pressure), or that the supply pipe is detached or blocked between the pump and the point at which it divides into two. You may have to remove the front left wheel arch liner to investigate the pump/hose - I think it is housed at the base of the washer fluid container. All this is covered in the manual that I linked to earlier in the thread.

If you do want to check the actual spray mechanisms, then you'll probably need to remove the headlights, which is quite straightforward and covered in the handbook (the bulb-changing section towards the end).
I think that’s the next place of investigation, we had a headlight off today (very simple ) Sunday’s job investigating the washer tank and hopefully the pumps . I still feel it’s a lack of power ...