DIY replacement of ABS Wheel Speed Sensor (multiple dash error)

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Wonder if it knocks the sensor reference voltage system out?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

tuizner

Post by tuizner »

I have heard that these sensors are a common fault. In the USA they have apparently extended the warranty on these out to 10 years. As usual in the UK we get shafted.

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/just ... on.177470/.
AndyP-GTS

Post by AndyP-GTS »

Thanks so much for posting this - had exactly the same issue. I used the AP200 - worked perfectly.

Although when I called Brooklands Porsche to supply parts they advised "I had to replace all 4 sensors as they talk to each other..." Clearly not the case as your resolution involves replacing only one. I did replace all 4 as I didn't want to get the same issue with another wheel sensor.

Of note - the part number has changed slightly ending with B instead of A so wonder whether this suggests there is an issue with the old sensors and 'B' is the replacement.

Thanks again for the super helpful advice and pictures - it made replacing the parts a breeze.

Cheers!
tuizner

Post by tuizner »

Yes I may go back in and change all 4 soon. My rear left has been showing zero speed even with a new sensor (front left and rear right are the same). For some reason that didnt affect the car at all until recently.

Thanks for the info on rev B - will replace all 4 when it gets dry and see if that clears up the erroneous one,
juld0zer

Post by juld0zer »

Does a failure or pending failure of a sensor always trigger a fault light as you'd expect or is it possible to have an intermittent signal without warnings?
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

On-Track wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:13 pm Earlier this week, experienced the exact same fault with my wife's VW Tiguan. On start-up every safety system warning light came up together with a message (for each system) saying it was no longer available. As it happens, the car was already booked in for its last service before expiration of warranty so just rang the dealer and added this problem to the other work. Fault turned out to be caused by an ABS speed sensor failure.

Reason for posting is I can't see why a single point failure should disable all the car's safety system. I don't know whether this is just confined to VW Group software or is universal.
Had exactly the same on my wife’s Golf R… AbS sensor failure takes out all traction and safety systems!

Thank god VAG don’t make aircraft!
Guy

Post by Guy »

cowdray2 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:00 pm Thank god VAG don’t make aircraft!

https://www.electrive.com/2022/07/28/vo ... -in-china/
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

Guy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:18 pm
cowdray2 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:00 pm Thank god VAG don’t make aircraft!

https://www.electrive.com/2022/07/28/vo ... -in-china/

Dear god… I’ll add that to a certain Boeing model I won’t go anywhere near!