Wheel speed sensor / bumpy gear changes

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Is the cost of that built into the initial price, making the new car dearer than here? Or is it essentially free so initial costs are similar and in the UK we then have to buy the extended warranty on top? There's a third option but I don't want to contemplate that :(
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Abid.ali

Post by Abid.ali »

Got my macan back from Porsche leeds today. Required a new speed sensor. Thought it might have been an issue with the transfer box. Drives ok for now. Did mention the 10 yr US warranty on those parts. Service advisor didn't have a clue.
tuizner

Post by tuizner »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:04 pm Is the cost of that built into the initial price, making the new car dearer than here? Or is it essentially free so initial costs are similar and in the UK we then have to buy the extended warranty on top? There's a third option but I don't want to contemplate that :(
No. US changed the warranty on these maybe 5 years in as the units seem to be defective. US has better customer service although it's a double edged sword owing to litigation...