anyone had this before?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

Thanks for the advice.

We have recently moved out into the sticks where the village is surrounded by farms, and we live next to one of them. So I guess that explains what has happened!

I think the pest controller's advice would be to move back to a city or get a cat, neither of which are appealing to me. I will take a look at the electronic devices to supplement the peppermint flavoured engine bay.
95B.1 turbo in volcano grey with all the trimmings
987.2 Boxster Black Edition

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

CliveH wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:54 pm Thanks for the advice.

We have recently moved out into the sticks where the village is surrounded by farms, and we live next to one of them. So I guess that explains what has happened!

I think the pest controller's advice would be to move back to a city or get a cat, neither of which are appealing to me. I will take a look at the electronic devices to supplement the peppermint flavoured engine bay.
Yep, we have fields opposite too. Fortunately we have neighbours that have cats so that helps with the pest control (personally I consider cats pests too, but they tend not to eat your car). Pest controllers may be able to advise on traps you could put safely around the car. Alternatively go and have a word with a local hardware store. If you live in the sticks everyone will have similar issues so the hardware store will probably be able to recommend the best kind of traps to murderise the little gits. We haven't had much luck with the electronic/ultrasonic devices and if you have anyone in your family under about 30 they will drive them loopy. Over 30 and your ears don't work well enough to hear them. You could always go the full Jasper Carrot and get a shotgun :D
pmg

Post by pmg »

I have had them in the loft from time to time. at first a put-down bait, but that makes them thirsty and drove them to do wiring damage and hose damage. Since then I have had more success with traps. Fortunately recently, a combination of garden foxes and a few neighbourhood cats have seen fewer instances of loft intrusion and need to set traps
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

pmg wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:27 pm I have had them in the loft from time to time. at first a put-down bait, but that makes them thirsty and drove them to do wiring damage and hose damage. Since then I have had more success with traps. Fortunately recently, a combination of garden foxes and a few neighbourhood cats have seen fewer instances of loft intrusion and need to set traps
Nothing more satisfying than laying in bed at night and hearing, scratch, scratch, scratch SNAP, followed by silence.
Deleted User 4436