Park Distance Control Over Sensitive

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

PDC has been overly sensitive in all Macan’s that I have driven but especially annoying in slow moving traffic so its good to push the off button.

It is also inaccurate when reversing but surround cam helps especially for those of us who are less mobile in their movements
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Common issue, as is auto headlights activate when it detects some cloud 🙄
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
SteveTTT

Post by SteveTTT »

My front sensors seem to have become hypersensitive in the last year. Long grass at the roadside will do it, or the vehicle in front when stationery in a queue (despite normal prudent distance being maintained). It’s worse when wet.

The service manager at my local OPC said the sensors can sometimes pick up movement of the front numberplate if this starts to straighten out and open up a gap with the curved backplate. I’m taking that with a pinch of salt!
Current: 2017 Macan S D, 991.2 C2S

Previous Porsches: 964 C2 Cabrio, 986 Boxster S, 996.2 C2, 996 Turbo, 997.2 C4S Cabrio, 996.2 C4S, 991.1 C2S Cabrio
GWL

Post by GWL »

SteveTTT wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 pm My front sensors seem to have become hypersensitive in the last year. Long grass at the roadside will do it, or the vehicle in front when stationery in a queue (despite normal prudent distance being maintained). It’s worse when wet.

The service manager at my local OPC said the sensors can sometimes pick up movement of the front numberplate if this starts to straighten out and open up a gap with the curved backplate. I’m taking that with a pinch of salt!
Funny you should say that.
When I first got my car the front number plate was simply stuck in place. As you say, the front plate holder is slightly curved and after a while, due to the adhesive getting weaker, the 'ends' of the plate sprang slightly loose, maybe no more than a centimetre away from the plate holder. Lo & behold - parking sensor was going off much more randomly. Not initially realising what had happened, I was baffled . I then noticed the number plate issue and fixed it back firmly with screws. This greatly reduced the random activation of the parking sensors ! So the OPC guy is not spinning you a yarn.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i