Park Distance Control Over Sensitive

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Has anyone found the PDC to be activating when in stationary traffic ... moving forward at slow speeds it seems to go off when no cars are near to me. It isn't just other vehicles which set it off. I have a reverse camera which is fine... but the PDC seems over sensitive?
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Not got mine yet but it does seem to be a common criticism
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

One of the few frustrations! Even a few strands of kerb side grass will set it off sub 10 mph. You can always turn it off / on via the overhead console switch. After a while you just get used to it :oops: and accept it - still better safe than sorry with kerb damage to your expensive Porsche. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

MTUK wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:13 pm Has anyone found the PDC to be activating when in stationary traffic ... moving forward at slow speeds it seems to go off when no cars are near to me. It isn't just other vehicles which set it off. I have a reverse camera which is fine... but the PDC seems over sensitive?
Same. Wish there was a fix
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Turned it off on the overhead console.... but it's annoying having to do that everytime. Don't mind the Start/Stop so much but this is annoying. Surely Porsche must be aware if this ?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I have occasionally had this happen and wondered if rainwater running over the sensors has caused it or in rare instances some piece of wind blow litter. It's hard to believe it goes off totally unprompted.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:22 pm I have occasionally had this happen and wondered if rainwater running over the sensors has caused it or in rare instances some piece of wind blow litter. It's hard to believe it goes off totally unprompted.
It was a windy day & long grass on the side of a dual carriageway approaching a roundabout at sub10mph. I've only covered 600 miles in the car and mostly longer journeys without traffic jams. Time will tell I suppose .
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

It certainly goes off if passing close to parked cars and verges but it doesn't irritate me so much if the cause is obvious. It did when I had a 24 hour test drive with surround view fitted and that took over the whole PCM display and sounded off too!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

The pdc oversensitivity is a feature, and quite annoying for that. Can confirm it does not settle down or go away over time. It is one of those things that contribute to the realisation of Porsche producing fine handling powerful cars, which is good, because they are pretty poor at many other matters😉
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I park regularly at a particular location. It has long grass growing from the gap between the road and a very low kerb edge. And every time the parking sensors activate. But tbh I don’t mind, it helps with the parking, as it saves on the tyres being marked on the outer edges.