Water in boot

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:59 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:21 am ^^^ Would have a job getting into the fuse box from the rear lights though.
Apologies, looks like I've got the wrong fuse box! :(

There is a drain hose just below the filler cap. Is that blocked? Air line or cocktail stick should fix that.
I cleaned the hole out when I washed the car on Sunday. It was blocked as water had built up but quickly vanished when the hole was clear.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160

AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Toddie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:32 pm Are there any water marks on the tailgate cover that lifts up with the tailgate? I had water getting in from the 2 cable ducts in the top of the tailgate aperture. OPC couldn’t find the leak, they opened a ticket with Porsche UK, who suggested that OPC sealed them with some silicone sealer. Not had an issue since. I need to point out that I didn’t have a boot footwell full of water though.
No water marks on the tailgate cover but probably worth an inspection around that area
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Comfortably Numb

Post by Comfortably Numb »

Hi, if you pull the drain plugs from the tailgate and see if water pours out?
I had a battery submerged in water but it was more the pano roof drain being blocked than anything else but my tail gate was also full of water which overfills into the battery area.