Panoramic Roof Weight

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
RoccMajor

Post by RoccMajor »

I am not getting the Panoramic Roof, was just wondering how much less will the car weight without it? Also, will not having it provide more torsional stability/durability?

YoshiV819

Post by YoshiV819 »

I don't think you'll notice a difference other than the cabin will feel smaller and darker. Test drove one with a solid roof and that's how it felt.
RoccMajor

Post by RoccMajor »

YoshiV819 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:51 am I don't think you'll notice a difference other than the cabin will feel smaller and darker. Test drove one with a solid roof and that's how it felt.
Heard the Panoramic roof with all the motors glass etc adds like 200lbs to the car, that’s like one whole person! 😊
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Pano roof is really nice................If your sitting in the back seats!

Sit in a pano car and then a panoless car and look at the road. I found there is barely any difference for the driver/front passenger so didn't bother.

Maybe better in sunnier climes?

BTW 25% don't have pano.

SEs really push them along with BOSE for resale. You then spend an extra £2k on these items. Resale or commission.

I did speak to OPC techs re leaks and they did day it was generally GEN1 cars but I stand to be corrected on that.

And they are considerably heavier. Whether you would notice that I doubt as it will be on your car, or not, all the time!!!!
macanese

Post by macanese »

My first post. I picked up my base macan gen 3 on 1st December. I chose not to have pano roof so saving weight and the first year tax was £1345 as opposed to £1945 saving £600. A pleasant surprise! Also as I chose agate grey interior to go with crayon bodywork. this lightens the interior compared to standard black so I do not miss the pano lightening effect. Only issue with car is the poor fit of the bonnet to front wings which I understand from the forum can be adjusted to minimise the current overlap of a few milimetres. Any body had experience of these adjustments and their effectiveness?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Find a Macan without a pano and take it out on a test drive.

I did just that, it was very dark and gloomy inside for my own tastes.

Yes there is the leaks issue but as far as I understand that only relates to where drains have not being cleared.

As for resale, the Traders who contacted me were keen on verifying that mine had Pano, Bose and wheel size.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

macanese wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:39 am My first post. I picked up my base macan gen 3 on 1st December. I chose not to have pano roof so saving weight and the first year tax was £1345 as opposed to £1945 saving £600. A pleasant surprise! Also as I chose agate grey interior to go with crayon bodywork. this lightens the interior compared to standard black so I do not miss the pano lightening effect. Only issue with car is the poor fit of the bonnet to front wings which I understand from the forum can be adjusted to minimise the current overlap of a few milimetres. Any body had experience of these adjustments and their effectiveness?
I’ve recently had my 2020 Macan S bonnet realigned under warranty, but the car had to be taken to the Porsche Approved Body Repair centre in Poole, as my local OPC, Portsmouth, said that the alignment had to be carried out by a Porsche Approved Repair centre.....and I was very pleased with the work carried out at Poole 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

macanese wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:39 am My first post. I picked up my base macan gen 3 on 1st December. I chose not to have pano roof so saving weight and the first year tax was £1345 as opposed to £1945 saving £600. A pleasant surprise! Also as I chose agate grey interior to go with crayon bodywork. this lightens the interior compared to standard black so I do not miss the pano lightening effect. Only issue with car is the poor fit of the bonnet to front wings which I understand from the forum can be adjusted to minimise the current overlap of a few milimetres. Any body had experience of these adjustments and their effectiveness?
Welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Congrats on your new Macan! Please feel free to share pics & the rest of your spec!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:44 am Find a Macan without a pano and take it out on a test drive.

I did just that, it was very dark and gloomy inside for my own tastes.

Yes there is the leaks issue but as far as I understand that only relates to where drains have not being cleared.

As for resale, the Traders who contacted me were keen on verifying that mine had Pano, Bose and wheel size.
A bit late now, Col, as our friend has taken collection of his new pride & joy! ;)

And as an aside, some buyers will actively seek out a pre-loved Macan without a pano, so there are two sides to the coin. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

There has been a post on this before and I found the acceptable dimensions published by Porsche. Have a look at this viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10896&hilit=Bonnet
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver