Recall - PCM display software update

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
pt964

Post by pt964 »

Has anyone had the OPC undertake the PCM Display software update Recall?

crockers

Post by crockers »

What model / year ?
pt964

Post by pt964 »

2017 SD
kevreb123

Post by kevreb123 »

Hi
Just had a major service on my 2018 SD 31000 miles ,PDK oil and filter, Engine oil and filter , Air and Pollen filter, AD blue ,brake fluid etc also a check to extend the Porsche warranty another 12 months they did not ask about Pano roof drains but i check myself on a regular basis.
Car also had the instrument cluster re-prorammed Campaing numbe WPF8 i now have an extra icon next to the fuel gauge in yellow this goes out when engine started ,i contacted the OPC and they were unsure what the indicator meant and called me back an hour later and was told something to do with EU
Regs to do with brake boost warning? anyone had this done to their car i cannot find a description of WPF8 but expect someone with more experience might help.
Picture enclosed.
Rgds.

Porsche.jpg

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Isn’t recall overstating it a little? It should be reserved for safety items.

PCM should be over the air update, isn’t it?
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Pivot wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:59 pm Isn’t recall overstating it a little? It should be reserved for safety items.

PCM should be over the air update, isn’t it?
Not on a 2018 Gen 1 model.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pt964

Post by pt964 »

kevreb123 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:08 am Hi
Just had a major service on my 2018 SD 31000 miles ,PDK oil and filter, Engine oil and filter , Air and Pollen filter, AD blue ,brake fluid etc also a check to extend the Porsche warranty another 12 months they did not ask about Pano roof drains but i check myself on a regular basis.
Car also had the instrument cluster re-prorammed Campaing numbe WPF8 i now have an extra icon next to the fuel gauge in yellow this goes out when engine started ,i contacted the OPC and they were unsure what the indicator meant and called me back an hour later and was told something to do with EU
Regs to do with brake boost warning? anyone had this done to their car i cannot find a description of WPF8 but expect someone with more experience might help.
Picture enclosed.
Rgds.

I’ve just had the update and note the 2nd page on the weather app is now blank. Can you see if yours is also blank. Ta

Porsche.jpg
kevreb123

Post by kevreb123 »

Will check
SimonH146

Post by SimonH146 »

Picture enclosed.
Rgds.

Having just picked up 69Reg MY20 Turbo I was slightly concerned that this apparent brake warning appeared this morning when it was not there earlier in the week. Thank you for posting as mine too disappears on starting the engine. I guess it must have done an 'over the air' software update as Porsche Connect has only just been activated. I am presuming it is just a reaper of the main inst warning tat is always there before you start the engine?

Porsche.jpg
Now - Macan Turbo (MY20), Mamba Green/High Gloss Black :D
Cancelled due to COVID redundancy :-( - Macan S, Silver
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Picture enclosed.
Rgds.just had my Macans 4 year service done and it came back with the new icon but the never mentioned what it was, still don’t know as long as it goes out when it starts

Porsche.jpg