Good To Know supplement, Coasting.

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just arrived today a booklet to go with the manual on the revisions to Coasting Mode.

I presume it has been sent following the Recall that there is on the car.

IMG_4319.jpeg

IMG_4320.jpeg

Last edited by Col Lamb on Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Never knew that. I do now !
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Mine is going into Porsche to try to sort out why the Porsche Connect won't update after renewal.
They said there was a recall on engine modes. I immediately declined knowing most of these have negative impacts on the cars with regard to noise and performance, but I now wonder if this is the recall they were talking about?
What does this recall actually do?
Mine already disables the coasting function if the auto stop start is off.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The whole Porsche PCM update system is and always has been rubbish.

Despite having a valid Subscription mine will not do over the air Map updates and I am stuck on 2018 versions. Does not help that I keep forgetting to discuss the problem with the OPC.

In any case its probably cheaper to get the maps updated via a third party company, must do some research.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Apparently the recall for mine is a screen update, to show brake servo functionality. It currently doesn't show when you first start up....or so they say!
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

JurassicGTS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:34 pm Apparently the recall for mine is a screen update, to show brake servo functionality. It currently doesn't show when you first start up....or so they say!
If I've ever seen anything relating to "brake servo" I haven't recognised it! Got turbo boost on the vehicle display, never noticed anything brake related though.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:47 pm
JurassicGTS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:34 pm Apparently the recall for mine is a screen update, to show brake servo functionality. It currently doesn't show when you first start up....or so they say!
If I've ever seen anything relating to "brake servo" I haven't recognised it! Got turbo boost on the vehicle display, never noticed anything brake related though.
Apparently it is one of the warning lights, should come on and turn off when starting to meet UK regulations. Dubious!
2japs

Post by 2japs »

JurassicGTS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:06 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:47 pm
Apparently it is one of the warning lights, should come on and turn off when starting to meet UK regulations. Dubious!
Is it not the little yellow brake drum looking thingy?
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Oh how things have changed.

I my youth all we had was Speedo, a fuel gauge, an oil pressure warning light and an ignition light and that was it.

I git to work in the morning before the valve radio warmed up enough to play the Light Programme.

Those were the days.
Col
Macan Turbo
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:02 pm Just arrived today a booklet to go with the manual on the revisions to Coasting Mode.

I presume it has been sent following the Recall that there is on the car.

IMG_4319.jpeg
IMG_4320.jpeg
Good to know, thank you.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.