Good To Know App

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just fired it up and received a Message to say that the GTK APP is being shut down this month.

Content should be then available in the My Porsche App.

Hands up All who thinks that there will be problems.

:oops:
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I've noticed the My Porsche app is playing up today - doesn't show the image of my car etc.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:08 pm I've noticed the My Porsche app is playing up today - doesn't show the image of my car etc.

Just checked my app and tank is 3/4 full but my range is 0 miles😮
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

I don't understand why cars need apps? I really don't.

I now have 2 cars and both have apps. All they really do is tell you the mileage, MPG and, and how much fuel is in the tank. All of which I can check while I'm sat in the car. Yes, you can send it Sat-Nav locations, but that itself only takes 30 seconds (if that) when you get in the car.

Just modern life where everything MUST have an app.

I've looked at the Porsche app once, just out of curiosity. I doubt I'll ever look at it again.
crockers

Post by crockers »

wab172uk wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:15 am I don't understand why cars need apps? I really don't.

I now have 2 cars and both have apps. All they really do is tell you the mileage, MPG and, and how much fuel is in the tank. All of which I can check while I'm sat in the car. Yes, you can send it Sat-Nav locations, but that itself only takes 30 seconds (if that) when you get in the car.

I've looked at the Porsche app once, just out of curiosity. I doubt I'll ever look at it again.
You’re not missing much. It’s pretty carp.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

crockers wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:25 am
wab172uk wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:15 am I don't understand why cars need apps? I really don't.

You’re not missing much. It’s pretty carp.

Very fishy post is that 😀 but you are right it’s pretty crap compared to other manufacturers !
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

In theory the Apps can do things like alert you that the doors are not locked. But unfortunately the Porsche one then doesn’t let you lock them remotely like my Merc one has done for years. The Jag one my mate has lets him turn on the heated seats etc. Without that remote functionality it’s not great.
Macan S MY 2023
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Skyway wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:33 pm

In theory the Apps can do things like alert you that the doors are not locked. But unfortunately the Porsche one then doesn’t let you lock them remotely like my Merc one has done for years. The Jag one my mate has lets him turn on the heated seats etc. Without that remote functionality it’s not great.

Yeah, my S in L uses the app on his BMW to defrost and heat the car while he’s having his breakfast!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)