Loud Creaking Noise

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
LukeRodrigues

Post by LukeRodrigues »

Appreciate everyone taking the time to get back to me. A little more background, I’d spoken to the dealer the same day I’d got it home, I’m in London and the dealer was in Wales, they escalated to their after sales who I spoke to a couple of days later.

Apparently, it was changed as during their “pre sales” checks that all of their cars go through. The garage they use had noticed the bush was worn so they changed it. Just to make it clear, this is the part I’m taking about: https://www.gsfcarparts.com/dtsarm0368r ... yNEALw_wcB (not the one my garage replaced it with by the way, that’s just a quick Google search to demonstrate). They were actually really good about everything, agreed on the phone to cover the costs of getting the correct part fitted and asked for an email from my garage regarding the repair so they could raise it with their garage.

What makes that while situation more concerning is that there’s a big L or R stamped onto the part, so pretty hard to get it wrong! I guess it goes to show what cowboy’s are really out there.

Regardless, as much as I love the car, with the issues I’m having I agree with everyone that it should just go back, plenty more Macan’s out there.

I emailed the dealer yesterday detailing everything that’s happened so far, suggesting that I could take it to Porsche, but want to know what their suggested next steps are. I included attachments of all the invoices and the same video I posted here. Still haven’t heard back from them just yet. The annoying thing is it was purchased exactly 30 days ago (a lot of back and forth and it being in my garage for multiple days at a time has delayed this whole process), I know this effects the Sales of Goods act but it was raised with the dealer less then 24 hours after purchase. I have a feeling this is going to be a long process!

Thanks again for everyone’s input.

LukeRodrigues

Post by LukeRodrigues »

@TheTraveller

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn’t thought it could be windscreen related, but it would make sense. Definitely one to add to the investigation list along with the subframe bush.