My Porsche & Car Connect

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi, I had not initially appreciated your car was 2yrs old, it is quiet possible the first owner never got the installation code applied to your GTS by their dealership at initial handover, this must be done at the workshop before your pairing code (Pairing the App to the car) will provide you with all the necessary data. Because of the age of your car you will now have to pay a annual subscription for this to work, I personally would not waste money on this as most of the data found within the App can be found in the car anyway. Ok it is nice to know whether your car is locked, where it is parked, your Tyre pressures etc.. but not sure I would want to pay extra each year for this information. Best of luck re sorting it out should you decide you 'do' want to pay for this information within the App
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yep, agree. The mere fact that you cannot lock the doors remotely, and sometimes you get a false message, makes it a nice freebie, but nothing I would ever pay for ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

When my Macan still had the Vodafonie Tracker system live and allegedly working we had the car parked in a very large open field (Country Fair).

Mobile phone signal was two bars.

Used the Vodafonie App to check the car and nothing, zilch, na-da.

Repeated it in another location about 100 miles away, I could see the car 1/2 mile away from where we were and again the Vodafonie App failed to locate the car.

The Tags were then consigned to a drawer in my home desk and there they have stayed for six years.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I'd also like to be able to turn things on like the heated seats and heated windscreen etc before getting into the car, but hey, no sign of anything like this :(
Macan S MY 2023
robbie

Post by robbie »

Skyway wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:27 pm I'd also like to be able to turn things on like the heated seats and heated windscreen etc before getting into the car, but hey, no sign of anything like this :(
The above all work in my wife's new Fiat 500e App, she can get into a toasty warm car by remotely switching on this stuff from home... The Fiat app is so so much better than anything Porsche have on offer, and then expecting us to pay for this once the car is only 12 months old, what a joke eh!!!
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

In fairness, probably a bit unrealistic to expect heated seats and windscreens from a 12v battery and without starting the car, much more doable in an EV or hybrid.
Having said that, the remote services are crap on the Porsche app and the only half useful one is the map showing the car’s whereabouts- you get that for free without paying for anything!! 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Thanks for all the replies on this. If, because of the age of the car, it means I have to pay a Vodafone subscription to view the things like fuel consumption, whether the car is locked etc, then I'm not interested as most info is already available in the car (as people have said).

I think the OPCs struggle with all this too!
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

AndyC160 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:09 am Thanks for all the replies on this. If, because of the age of the car, it means I have to pay a Vodafone subscription to view the things like fuel consumption, whether the car is locked etc, then I'm not interested as most info is already available in the car (as people have said).

I think the OPCs struggle with all this too!
That was my view too although I value the the Navigation+ enough to pay £159pa to keep it going after the initial two years.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I think the tracker subscription and navigation package are separate so your £159 sub is probably alot cheaper as a standalone.

The navigation system will of course continue to operate without the subscription just minus live traffic and the App uploading the destination. I still have the free app and navigation and the few times I've sent a destination to the car it's never made it ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:48 pm I think the tracker subscription and navigation package are separate so your £159 sub is probably alot cheaper as a standalone.

The navigation system will of course continue to operate without the subscription just minus live traffic and the App uploading the destination. I still have the free app and navigation and the few times I've sent a destination to the car it's never made it ;)
Indeed, I didn't explain that very well :( On occassions a destination has taken more than one attempt to arrive successfully but not failed totally and I love the ability to plot a route taking in the less travelled roads.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP