My Porsche & Car Connect

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

I never bothered with it on my old car but thought I'd give it a go on my new one...when I say give it a go...I've not got very far!

How do I see the status of the car?...things like fuel consumption, if it locked, its location etc?

I've got the My Porsche app and my phone is linked to the car.

I can log in to Car connect but when I do one thing that still comes up on the Car connect website is

"In order to activate your services, please provide the installation code to your Porsche dealer."

My dealer says he'd done something with the code...what, I don't know!!!?? But it's obviously not doing what it should be doing.

What exactly does Car connect provide? Is it just somewhere to buy your tracker subscription?

Slightly miffed
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Just cancelled my subscription
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Because we now live in a world where everything has to have an app. No matter how useless or pointless they are.

Looked at mine once to see what was on it. Just everything I knew already, and stuff I didn’t care to know.
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

wab172uk wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:51 pm ....Because we now live in a world where everything has to have an app. No matter how useless or pointless they are....
Useless and pointless to us, the end user, maybe. But many apps have your agreement buried in the T&Cs to share your data so most everything you do is logged, stored and sold. It is a huge money spinner
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

AndyC160 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:35 pm I never bothered with it on my old car but thought I'd give it a go on my new one...when I say give it a go...I've not got very far!

How do I see the status of the car?...things like fuel consumption, if it locked, its location etc?

I can log in to Car connect but when I do one thing that still comes up on the Car connect website is

"In order to activate your services, please provide the installation code to your Porsche dealer."

My dealer says he'd done something with the code...what, I don't know!!!?? But it's obviously not doing what it should be doing.

What exactly does Car connect provide? Is it just somewhere to buy your tracker subscription?

Slightly miffed
Your "Pairingc ode" is shown by scrolling to the end of the "vehicle" page of the App. it's an 8-digit number.

Once paired the App provides> your car's registration number, in the top left a green or red marker to show car locked / unlocked, an image of your car in its colour and the petrol tank miles remaining figure - on the opening page.

Tap "Details" on the opening screen > Overview, Function, Manual - headers. Overview shows total mileage to date, Fill level with a petrol icon and miles remaining. Service intervals with a calander month and mileage count down for both Service and Oil service. Scroll down for Tyre pressure info for each road wheel with over / under read outs. Scroll down for "trip since start" giving driving time, average speed, diThrestance and avg. consumption read out figures. Trips that are less than two hours apart are combined into one trip. Press "all trip data" for these parameters for "Totak trip" since intial or reset of the cars tripmeter.

Then there is "Map" which allows you to "Navigate to vehicle" find where you left it / or where it is now if away from your control 'OPC or stolen! etc, There is a horn symbol that allows you remotely to sound the horn or an Indicator symbol to flash them.

Under Map you can "find destination" and "send destination to vehicle" also can press to the right to show the route / time / mileage.

There are other functions like "Discover" with Porsche news articlesa nd "Account" with your profile info, Messages, Contact & Help, Settings and My Garage.

The App is useful when it works; frustratiing when it often doesn't!! :oops:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
andreas

Post by andreas »

The app is another piece of disappointing VAG software.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:39 am
AndyC160 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:35 pm I never bothered with it on my old car but thought I'd give it a go on my new one...when I say give it a go...I've not got very far!

Slightly miffed
Your "Pairingc ode" is shown by scrolling to the end of the "vehicle" page of the App. it's an 8-digit number.

Once paired the App provides> your car's registration number, in the top left a green or red marker to show car locked / unlocked, an image of your car in its colour and the petrol tank miles remaining figure - on the opening page.

Tap "Details" on the opening screen > Overview, Function, Manual - headers. Overview shows total mileage to date, Fill level with a petrol icon and miles remaining. Service intervals with a calander month and mileage count down for both Service and Oil service. Scroll down for Tyre pressure info for each road wheel with over / under read outs. Scroll down for "trip since start" giving driving time, average speed, diThrestance and avg. consumption read out figures. Trips that are less than two hours apart are combined into one trip. Press "all trip data" for these parameters for "Totak trip" since intial or reset of the cars tripmeter.

Then there is "Map" which allows you to "Navigate to vehicle" find where you left it / or where it is now if away from your control 'OPC or stolen! etc, There is a horn symbol that allows you remotely to sound the horn or an Indicator symbol to flash them.

Under Map you can "find destination" and "send destination to vehicle" also can press to the right to show the route / time / mileage.

There are other functions like "Discover" with Porsche news articlesa nd "Account" with your profile info, Messages, Contact & Help, Settings and My Garage.

The App is useful when it works; frustratiing when it often doesn't!! :oops:
Thanks Steve

I think the vehicle is paired...I gave the dealer the pairing code.

This is a screenshot of what I can see...

Screenshot_20230816-085239_My Porsche.jpg

On one of the pages it does say...

"Does not support remote services"

Could this have something to do with the issue?
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Hi Andy, yes probably ^^^

Here is what is shown on the opening page...

Screenshot_20230816_081135_My Porsche.jpg

If your OPC can't fix it, try.....

Screenshot_20230816_092736_Email.jpg

Last edited by SAC1 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

These services are only “free” when you buy the car new. If you want them on a used car it’s £159 for live traffic updates and around £80 for remote services on the app.
I was disappointed to find that they didn’t give me a years subscription on the 911 but then it’s nothing to lose sleep about and certainly won’t be paying money for Micky mouse info 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
robbie

Post by robbie »

Morning Andrew, You have a lot of data missing above Appointments. The Overview section should start with Total mileage, fill level and service intervals, the latter has three sections: Inspection, Service & Oil Service, these all rotate to show when due in Month/Year and also when due in Mileage, ideally they all say 2yrs after you bought the car, mine all report March 2025 (I bought by car in March 2023). When i first bought the car the Oil service was showing March 2024 but this has gradually extended to March 2025 by only using the car for long distance trips. if you do a lot of short distance trips then the Oil service will gradually start to come even closer and can be needed well within your first year. As others have said when it works it is useful (to a point) but all this data can be found in the car. The only bit that could be useful is the Map page which shows you where the car is parked using Google Maps
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018