Interior ambient lighting

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

Hi All,

Whilst driving this evening i noticed that the overhead buttons (sun roof, blind, internal halo light etc etc) were no illuminated. I needed to turn one of the interior lights on and couldn’t see which button to press which made me realise they were not illuminated.

Having looked very quickly at some you tube videos it looks like they should be and whilst I’m doubting myself I’m sure they have been lit up previously in the same way the buttons on the centre console are.

Is there a setting or something i have pressed to turn these off?

I should add the buttons do work in terms of their operation when being pressed, including the small red light that appears when turning the parking sensors off etc.

Any help / suggestions appreciated!

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Going from memory here but have you deliberately or accidentally turned off the overhead horseshoe light? If you press and hold the button for that light you can adjust the brightness. It’s a bit fiddly but I had mine turned down to the minimum. It may be that if it’s off then all the button illumination lights are off too.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:09 pm Going from memory here but have you deliberately or accidentally turned off the overhead horseshoe light? If you press and hold the button for that light you can adjust the brightness. It’s a bit fiddly but I had mine turned down to the minimum. It may be that if it’s off then all the button illumination lights are off too.
I just tried that unsuccessfully... the horseshoe fades out buy despite several attempts of releasing pressure on the switch during the fade it just continues to fade out to darkness. keep it on it's too bright, turn it of and you loose ambient lighting in the cabin (doors and footwells), another shortcoming of the Macan's relativity old engineering.
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Assuming you have tried pressing and holding the ambient light button unsuccessfully. Have you tried turning up the instrument lighting with the rotary knob below the dials?
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

After I RTFM, I found this

The brightness of the orientation lighting is adjusted (dimmed) on the multi-function display. Obvious innit?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

MooseMiller wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:30 pm Assuming you have tried pressing and holding the ambient light button unsuccessfully. Have you tried turning up the instrument lighting with the rotary knob below the dials?
i’ve tried that in the past; doesn’t dim the horseshoe. looks like it’s off or on only
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

EngineerMK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:15 am
MooseMiller wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:30 pm Assuming you have tried pressing and holding the ambient light button unsuccessfully. Have you tried turning up the instrument lighting with the rotary knob below the dials?
i’ve tried that in the past; doesn’t dim the horseshoe. looks like it’s off or on only
The horseshoe light does dim by repeatedly pressing the button, but you have to be VERY quick to release the button when it gets to the lowest luminance setting, otherwise it switches off……very frustrating! 🙁

I took me several attempts to dim mine, but got there eventually!
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon