High RPM at idle

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Jon A wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:57 am
Oscar2 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:55 am
Neil1911 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:44 pm
All positive, 🤞🤞🤞 for tomorrow!
booked in 19 th December with loaner, I’ve had a Panamera, Taycan, and a Macan, for service and mots Perth have been good to me unlike BMW And Mercedes they are pathetic in Dundee, for me after service is a big deal, don’t know how long it would take if it was an emergency to get booked in but all good🤞
Great result, that’s pretty quick by normal standards 👍
iI thought they might have had a guess but has to be put on the diagnostic to find out,I think it something to do with cold start not switching off and possibly causing the fan to run on, something it has never done in the 18 months I’ve owned it but when I find out what it was I’ll poet it. Cheers

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

No need to make it rhyme, we're all happy with prose.
Sorry, I weakened this time 😞
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Jon A wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:57 am
Oscar2 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:55 am
Neil1911 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:44 pm
All positive, 🤞🤞🤞 for tomorrow!
booked in 19 th December with loaner, I’ve had a Panamera, Taycan, and a Macan, for service and mots Perth have been good to me unlike BMW And Mercedes they are pathetic in Dundee, for me after service is a big deal, don’t know how long it would take if it was an emergency to get booked in but all good🤞
Great result, that’s pretty quick by normal standards 👍
when I find out what the problem is I’ll post it in case it’s an easy fix for someone else cheers
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Neil1911 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:55 pm No need to make it rhyme, we're all happy with prose.
Sorry, I weakened this time 😞
like it🤣🤣
sacha.d

Post by sacha.d »

It could be a coolant temp sensor fault which with BMW when they fail they show -40, this enriches mixture but also puts on cooling fan as the temperature is implausible as a safety measure.
GTB

Post by GTB »

I will give an uptick for Perth OPC. I called last Monday to book my Macan in for its 40K service and oppertunity for a loan car, was actually offerred a date next week, which didnt suit myself same as a few other dates however next offer was 21st December which suited me, so all booked in no idea what loan car will be but effortless and painless (so far), lets hope it stays that way.

I can be quick enough to complain at poor service when received, but it should also be appropriate to acknowledge a good service level and treatment which after all is all that we ask for.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

GTB wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:54 pm I will give an uptick for Perth OPC. I called last Monday to book my Macan in for its 40K service and oppertunity for a loan car, was actually offerred a date next week, which didnt suit myself same as a few other dates however next offer was 21st December which suited me, so all booked in no idea what loan car will be but effortless and painless (so far), lets hope it stays that way.

I can be quick enough to complain at poor service when received, but it should also be appropriate to acknowledge a good service level and treatment which after all is all that we ask for.

Cheers GTB
You've done 40k miles since July 2022! That's some going!! 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

sacha.d wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:40 pm It could be a coolant temp sensor fault which with BMW when they fail they show -40, this enriches mixture but also puts on cooling fan as the temperature is implausible as a safety measure.
Yes that could be the problem, thanks for the info 👍
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

GTB wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:54 pm I will give an uptick for Perth OPC. I called last Monday to book my Macan in for its 40K service and oppertunity for a loan car, was actually offerred a date next week, which didnt suit myself same as a few other dates however next offer was 21st December which suited me, so all booked in no idea what loan car will be but effortless and painless (so far), lets hope it stays that way.

Cheers GTB
they gave me a £130,000 Panamera for a loaner, great car Perth are fine
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Oscar2 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:43 am

Cheers GTB
they gave me a £130,000 Panamera for a loaner, great car Perth are fine
Sounds great :D