18 inch spare wheel rip off.

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

One may well appear, but I need it in the car by next Friday, off on our annual 3000 mile
jaunt in Euroland
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16

chrisa72

Post by chrisa72 »

As a new member to this forum and having recently purchased a used Macan S and having previously owned a 986S, a 987S and latterly a 981S I feel suitably qualified to contribute to this debate concerning spare wheels/tyres and what has become the accepted norm of assuming the position over the barrel when purchasing anything Porsche! The brand is of unquestionable quality both in terms of engineering, performance and endurance, tainted only by its association with its sister company VW for reasons that shouldn't need explaining. Im presently looking to procure a non OCM space saver wheel and even non OCM space saver wheel suppliers are jumping on the proverbial wagon and hiking up the price for a space saver wheel simply by its association with the Porsche brand. We grumble and whinge and still we keep coming back for more and what do we do? We grumble and whinge and still come back for more but d'you know what I feel the most galling? whilst all the time and it doesnt matter whether it be Facebook groups, Porsche forums or clubs, all one reads is contributors complaining about being screwed; the galling bit is, I have yet to read anything resembling a comment, an explanation or an account from Porsche themselves what so ever. And d'you know why? They really could give a damn what so ever about us, the poor bloody lemmings that keep them in business. I jus wish sometimes that somebody else would make a better car!!
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Never complain, never explain, a mantra that works well for other extremely sucessful dynasties of Germanic origin too!

That aside it's not much of a debate if the previous post was 5 years ago and furthermore if specified from new it's very reasonable and far more useful than various coloured bits of trim!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP