Vibration noise

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I have Macan S gen 2, bought in May 2019 and it doesn’t do it, so “all new S do it” statement is factually incorrect and might be to get you off their back.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

stanleysteamer

Post by stanleysteamer »

well, that is my experience as well, the other one i drove didnt do it, see what the dealer says
RichardJ

Post by RichardJ »

Hi. I have just finished with a bad experience of exactly the same sort of thing. I bought a 2020 Macan S back in March. Test drove a normal Macan which was fine and then sold a Macan S as it would be the same but faster. On the day I picked it up I instantly felt a really bad vibration from the engine whilst accelerating through all the gears. I was told it would be fixed but the first lockdown happened a few days later. Despite that, on returning to work I was told it would be fixed and then three months later I got a phonecall telling me that I had been incorrectly informed that the car would be fixed and that this engine vibration was a " characteristic of the car ". The dealership wouldn't even phone Porsche as they now said there was effectively nothing wrong with it. The vibrations were awful and came through the accelerator peddle, the steering wheel and at times through the whole cabin. Never experienced anything as bad as this on any car I have owned and certainly not on a model with a 3.0L V6 petrol engine which should be as smooth as anything. I find it hard to understand that there must be other cars out there as bad as mine was if it is indeed a characteristic. Are owners accepting it or are they being fobbed off like me ?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Really sorry to hear about your experience. Never experienced this in the several Macans that I have driven and the two I've owned.

Can you get an opinion from another OPC? Perhaps also ask them to take their demonstrator for a drive while they are checking yours.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I’ve just purchased a used 2020 Macan S, and I can feel no vibrations, like you are experiencing, no matter what speed or engine revs so, if I was you, I’d definitely be taking this up directly with Porsche UK......good luck! 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon